020. ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ʀɪꜱᴇꜱ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ)

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

"So, that's what a werewolf bites looks like." Victor said as the three of them look down at the wound on Damon's arm.

"Yep."

"It's not that bad." Victor shrugged. "Honestly, I had expected something worse. Like all black."

"It will be." Damon spoke, rolling his sleeve up.

"So, that's it? You're just gonna die?" Katherine asked with a bit more pity than her brother.

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" When she didn't answer Damon did. "Me neither." He pulled his jacket back on and made his way over to the door.

"A hundred and 45 years and no last goodbye?"

"You don't get a goodbye." He turned back around, but Katherine speeds in front of him.

"Don't. Don't leave mad."

"Us ending up on good terms is not exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." Damon wanted to move but Katherine stopped him, again.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice."

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice."

"It was her or me. I chose her."

"I helped you. You owed me." Damon said. "Now, when Klaus dies, you're gonna walk out without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?"

"I didn't let love get in the way. And besides, my sister won't let Jenna die. She will ask Klaus to use another vampire and he will listen to her, like he always does."

Damon rolled his eyes at her. "Enjoy your eternity alone, Katherine." He walked past her as Victor was watching the two without a care in the world. The only thing that mattered to him was that he himself, Arabella and Katherine would make it out alive.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna offer myself as a replacement to Klaus."

"Yes, sorry, buddy, that's not gonna work." Victor spoke, setting down his whiskey. "He won't take you. He saw that nasty bite on your arm and he said and I quote 'his blood is impure'."

"I'm sorry, Damon. If Arabella won't tell him, Jenna's dead. There's nothing you can do about it."

Damon looked at her before walking over to the door, as he opened it, he turned back to Victor. "It was good knowing you, buddy." And he closed the door behind him, leaving a smirking Victor and an offended Katherine.

⭒❃.✮:▹

"Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?" Jenna asked, clutching her head with pain.