Chapter 2

Sam

I waited for about three minutes, three long minutes of my life have been lost waiting for her to show up.

"Sam?" Eliza called from the driver's side, I was disappointed but not really surprised with her behavior. I opened the door and got inside the car next to Aurora who was busy counting the dollars she got today.

"Where's Lola?" Aurora asked confused, she knows we had a project meeting today.

"I don't know and I don't care, I'm gonna finish the project alone and tell the teacher she never showed up and never did her part"

Eliza started driving away towards the house, it was a thirty minutes drive I think, and about an hour on foot but my mom warned me to never go on foot because it's dangerous.

"Did you know Lola's sister is my friend" Aurora revealed making me look at her, Chucky has a sister? I never knew that.

"She has a sister?" I asked curiously, Aurora chewed on her gum irritatingly loud knowing very well I don't like it.

"Yep, she's in my class. But most of the time she doesn't show up" I didn't know why I was interested in this story,

"I can till she's sick, her blood smells...bad."

"I always see Lola running to her car after class when Daisy isn't at school. I think that's why she's late since Daisy didn't show up today"

I kept quiet and turned to stare out of the window my attention fully on the beautiful green view. My thoughts started to drift back to Chucky's sister, Daisy. Was she really sick? Is that why Chucky always disappears after classes are finished?

I thanked Eliza when she opened the door for me, I took her hand to jump down the SUV. I helped Aurora down and we made it inside the house, I noticed my mom's car in the garage which meant she was back from work. My momma works a little late at the theatre since she still teaches kids music.

"Mommy!" Aurora let go of my hand and ran inside towards our mom, she jumped on her and my mom caught her mid air.

"Hi baby" she kissed her cheeks with a wide smile, I made my way to the couch and jumped face first, I heard mom put Aurora down.

"Sam darling, come here" she ordered, I stood up and slowly made my way to her. My mother was a very tall intimidating woman, so best not anger her. She wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.

"I know you haven't been feeling well lately dear, and that's okay. Your mom and I are here for you when you're ready to talk" she said softly while gently caressing my back, I sighed and hugged her back.

I don't know what is wrong, that's the thing, I don't know what's making me feel down, many reasons, my father's death anniversary in a few weeks or the urge to go look for my real mother. It's not that I want to see her, or that I'm not satisfied with what I have. All I want to know is why she left me.

"I want a hug as well" Aurora whined and slid herself between us, I chuckled and both me and mom hugged her.

Our group hug was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, I gave my mom a confused look well she just glared at the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" I asked, she let go of me and made her way to the door, she yanked the door open to reveal Chucky standing there with an unbothered look but as soon as she saw who opened the door she fixed her posture.

"Mrs Falcon" she said in a monotonous voice,

"Chucky" my mom said making me roll my eyes and sigh, they just glared at each other and I had to do something about it before my mom kills her. On accident...

"Mom, I asked her to come over for our project. I told you about it last week, remember?" I walked closer to the door, though I didn't ask Chucky to come over I had to lie about it because my mom doesn't tolerate her existence.

My mom stepped out of the way and Chucky walked inside, she was in different clothes, a simple white shirt and black sweatpants.

"Follow me" I headed for my room with her following right behind me, I opened the door and mentioned for her to walk inside.

"You're late" I shut the door, slamming it a little too hard. She rolled her eyes and made her way to my desk, she didn't bring a laptop, a textbook or anything to write on, nothing.

"I showed up didn't I?" She pulled the chair and sat there like she owned the place, my laptop was on the desk and she opened it. I quickly went to her and shut it close.

"First of all, this is mine. You should've brought yours, and second, why are you touching my stuff without permission?" She was so disrespectful and was poorly raised by her parents, my mother would kill me if I touch someone's things without asking for permission.

"Why? Are you hiding something? Or were you watching something you're not supposed to?" I can hear the amusement in her tone but her face was still blank, even though I wasn't watching anything bad on my laptop like she just accused me, I felt the embarrassment rush to my cheeks.

"No, I wasn't watching anything you pervert, and even if I was it's none of your business. Now move!" I said defensively, she rolled her eyes and stood up from the chair. I took a seat and opened the laptop again, the screen lit on what I left it last. A PowerPoint presentation on the project Chucky and I were working on.

"As you can clearly see, I've done 90% of the work. Finished my part and started on yours, now your job is to do the rest of it"

"Ehm..what's my part again?" I heard her ask, I put my hands over my face in frustration. This project was given to us over a month ago and she still doesn't know which part she has.

"Are you serious? How hard is it to remember renewable energy" I glared at her, she was standing next to my chair with her arms folded. Did she get taller? Or is it because I'm sitting?

"I have other things to think about that are much more important than your stupid project"

"Stupid project? Stupid project?!" I stood up to face her, she was so reckless and didn't care about anything other than herself.

"This stupid project as you call it, is half of my grade. And I'm not about to get half a mark because unlike you I actually want to graduate, if you want to fail go ahead but you're not failing me with you!"

Chucky took a step closer but I didn't back away, she won't be doing anything in the middle of my house, she only wants to intimidate me and it's not going to work.

"I'm gonna graduate, with or without this dumb project of yours. Do it yourself, snitch to your teacher or shove it up his ass for all I care." She leaned down closer to the point that I could smell her expensive cologne,

"Don't ever waste my time again, by making me come all the way here just to yell at me" she threatened,

"I didn't ask you to come" She didn't know what to say back so we just glared at each other and I cussed her out in my head. She took a step back and made her way to the door, she opened it harshly and left.

She's so infuriating, and stupid, I hate her and how full she is of herself. How can someone be so ignorant and hateful.

"I heard mommy say she's going to cut the brakes to Lola's car" Aurora said catching me off guard, I quickly ran downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen making dinner.

"Did you do it?" I asked panicking, she gave me a glance before going back to cutting the vegetables.

"Do what?"

"Cut her brakes"

"I don't know what you're talking about" she said dismissing what I just asked,

"Mom!"

"I did not! but god knows how much I wanted to" she mumbled the last part, I sighed in relief and rubbed my face nervously. I swear my mother gives me more anxiety than school.

*******************************************
Hello! I hope you liked it.

Have a good day!

Muah

-S