Chapter 53

Lola

My heart was pounding in my chest, I couldn't believe my sister was alive, she was okay, she was here hugging me back. Her little arms were wrapped around my neck and she had her head on my shoulder, I've been holding her in my arms for a few minutes now and she didn't want to let go. So I got up and started walking around the room with her in my arms, and I think at some point she fell asleep.

"Lola" I heard Sam's mom call my name so I turned to look at her, it was just me, her and my sister in the room.

"Yes Mrs Falcon?" She was leaning against the door with her arms folded in front of her, she pushed her reading glasses on top of her head and sighed, I thought she didn't need glasses? She's a vampire.

Perhaps they're just for aesthetic.

"Be careful with her okay? She's freshly born, very hungry and hostile, and you're human...and so is Sam" she started then took a few steps towards us, she caressed my sister's head and smiled at her softly.

"She's a good girl, and Aurora..cares for her a lot." Mrs Falcon took a step back and her eyes met mine, her icy blue eyes were staring at mine like she was trying to figure out something, she was trying to read me.

"Vivienne and I will take care of her, she'll go back to school so you don't have to worry. Just focus on your degree and my daughter, is that clear?" She raised one of her perfectly shaped eyebrows at me waiting for my answer, I quickly nodded my head in agreement. Mrs Falcon smiled but it was quickly gone then turned around to leave.

"Next time, I don't want to smell my daughter on you" and when I tell you I've never been so embarrassed, my face was probably as red as a cherry and I didn't know where to look.

"Are you okay Lola? Your heart is beating so fast" I heard my sister mumble, I cleared my throat and tried to gather my thoughts before putting her down on her feet.

"I'm fine sweetie, let's go find Aurora" she took my hand and pulled me out of the room, I heard a new voice downstairs and it was very familiar.

When we reached the living room Daisy let go of my hand and went running towards Aurora, a woman was sitting next to Sam's mother, Vivienne. I think the woman was called Margaret. Eliza's girlfriend. I wonder how she is now, because last time I saw her she was so heartbroken.

"Hi" I said with a wave, she smiled at me and waved back. I looked around for Sam and just as I was about to ask about her she walked out the kitchen, her eyes found mine and she smiled softly before shyly looking away, I smiled back but then her mom walked out right after her with her famous threatening scary glare and my smile quickly went away.

I felt something poke my thigh so I looked down and found Aurora staring up at me with a smile.

"Hi Lola"

"Hi sweetheart" I watched the little girl's face redden then she giggled and disappeared in a blink of an eye, I chuckled at her silliness and made my way to the couch to sit next to Sam.

"Lola, Sam told me you're an artist. Is that true?" Margaret asked trying to start a conversation with me,

"Eh, well, yes I think you could say that" I replied with a smile,

"She's very talented, Margaret, we have this project due a month and we had to combine between painting and music.." Sam started ranting about our project and how beautiful the painting turned out while I just sat there rubbing my thighs nervously.

"That reminds me, Sammy I spoke with your Dean, he said your professor was fired for assaulting a student there..." Sam gave me a look and I just pretended to be surprised.

"so his class has been cancelled for the rest of the year as for your project it has been moved to an earlier date" Lilith stared at Sam with a confused look, her eyes were shifting between me and Sam.

"Why is your heart beating fast, Sam?" Her mom sat up straight and leaned closer while watching us both carefully.

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

"What? No of course not mom, I just knew the girl...personally that's why. The poor girl is still traumatized" Sam tried to convince her mom but Lilith was far away from being convinced, Vivienne and Margaret looked at each other for a moment before turning to stare at me, as if they were telling me to back my girl before her mom kills me.

"That.. that is correct, ma'am. We just know the girl, sh-"

"You, shut up" I closed my mouth and listened, Lilith took a deep breath and scratched her brow.

"So if I ask you both to say the girl's name you will say it? At the same time?" She asked pushing the subject even more, I looked at Sam and she was already staring at me. What are we supposed to do now? We are in deep shit.

"What's the girl's name?"

"Jasmin"

"Denise"

We said at the same time, Lilith raised her eyebrow at the both of us still not convinced so Sam tried to talk but her mom put her hand up and stopped her from going any further, I mean the lie was obvious we both knew Lilith knows.

"Anyways, Howard is dead. I just wanted to see if you'd hide something like this from me, and you did. I'm not mad, just a little disappointed" I could tell Sam was ashamed, she was staring at her fingers like they were the most interesting things.

"I'm sorry" Sam mumbled, Lilith didn't respond she just got up and gestured for me to follow after, I quickly got up to my feet and followed after the woman. We entered her office and she slammed the door shut, very hard.

"I didn't mean to kill him, just wanted to hurt him very bad" I said with a disappointed sigh, Lilith chuckled and sat behind her desk. Why did she chuckle? What's funny?

"You didn't kill him..."

"...I did" she looked through some papers in front of her before grabbing one and scanning it quickly, she handed me it and leaned back on her chair.

"These are for you, I made sure they know you're Daisy's legal guardian until she's an adult. You gotta make sure she goes to school, she has a roof over her head, she's healthy and well fed. If you're not ready to do these things don't sign the papers" Lilith explained, I took the piece of paper from her and picked a pen from the cup she had on her desk and signed it without hesitation.

"I've been taking care of my sister my whole life, Mrs Falcon. Signing a piece of paper won't make any difference" I handed her back the documents she gave me,

"I never said you didn't, I know you're a capable person, but when you go to university for the next few years, who's going to look after her? Specially that she turned into one of us now" I could tell she was genuinely concerned for my sister, which kind of made me a little relieved.

"I'm not asking you to take your sister and leave, I'm more than happy to take care of her. But it's illegal to keep a kid without the court's knowledge" since when does she care about what's legal or not?

"Like I said before, Daisy will be treated like Aurora. They're inseparable, you would think they're sisters." Lilith smiled softly, I always knew Daisy will be safe with The Falcons, and I could see how much they love and care for her.

"Thank you, Mrs Falcon" I replied with a huge smile on my face, she nodded and I took that as my queue to leave. Just as I was about to close the door I heard her speak.

"You're welcome, Chucky"

*******************************************
Bonsoir !

I have a few ideas for future books! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing tho.

Muah

-S