Chapter 18

Sam

"Daisy?" I heard the familiar voice say making all of us look up, Chucky was staring at her sister who was curled up in my lap with worry in her eyes, she was holding two icecream cones but the delicious looking snacks were soon dropped on the ground.

"What happened?! Why are you crying?!" She asked worriedly, she picked her sister up taking her from my arms and checking her face and hands to see if she was hurt.

"This boy stole my beanie and called me an alien, all I wanted was to play with him Lola. I didn't say anything mean I swear, why is he so mean to me?" Daisy started crying again, she wrapped her arms around Chucky's neck. Her words broke my heart, she was a sweet girl and kids were so mean and heartless, they said hurtful things not knowing their effect on her.

"I told you Daisy you shouldn't listen to them" my sister said making Lola and Daisy look at her. Daisy smiled at my sister and wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"But Aurora was there and she hit him in the face" Daisy giggled, but Lola didn't find it funny she was shaking, I could see her hands shaking while she was holding her sister.

"Which one?" Lola finally spoke putting Daisy down on her feet, I looked at my mom for a second and she had the same concerned look. Is Chucky really going to hit a little boy?

"He's over there, the boy in blue crying to his dad" she pointed to the boy who Aurora hit a few minutes ago, Lola was about to make her way to the boy but I grabbed her arm before she can go.

"Are you going to hit a little boy?"

"No, but I'm going to make him cry harder" she pulled her arm away from me and went to the boy and his dad.

"Hey!" They both turned to look at her,

"You make fun of my sister?!" the boy hid behind his dad, he looked terrified.

"Dad?!"

"Yeah call for your dad bitch" she said getting closer and the dad met her half way.

"Hey! Don't call my son th-" before he could finish his sentence Lola punched him, the guy fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. She grabbed the kid by his shirt and picked him up.

"You like making fun of sick little girls? Huh?" She asked him, the boy was wiggling in her hands. He was crying hysterically but she didn't seem to care. She shook him harshly which only made him cry even harder.

"Do it again and I'll kill you" she dropped him and the kid ran to his passed out dad, Lola picked her sister and started walking away from us.

"Lola wait!" I went after her,

"What?" She asked sounding frustrated, Daisy was leaning her head on her older sister's shoulder with dry tears on her cheeks, she looked at the both of us.

"I- ehm..I saw you brought ice cream earlier. Do you guys wanna go grab some with us?" I asked, I didn't know why I asked but I felt bad for them and I wanted to make the little girl feel better.

"I'm sor-"

"Lola, I want ice cream" Daisy said softly cutting her sister off mid sentence, Lola looked at Daisy for a moment and gently brushed her fingers on her cheeks wiping the tears, she sighed in defeat and nodded her head yes. She put Daisy down on her feet and the little girl ran to my mom and Aurora.

"Okay, let's go" I smiled at Lola and we both walked right behind them. We made our way towards the icecream truck parked at the end of the street.

"What ice cream flavor do you like?" I heard my sister ask Daisy,