Chapter 22

Sam

"Sam?" Her voice made me open my eyes, I could feel her hand still caressing my back. I pulled away from the hug, and wiped my eyes with the sleeves of the hoodie I was wearing.

"Do you want me to call Lilith?" Aunt Dal asked softly, I don't know what she was doing here in the first place but I'm glad she appeared, I was having a breakdown and all I needed was someone to hold me.

"What's wrong darling? Who were you talking to on the phone? Were they the one who upset you?" She asked again brushing her hands over my hair pushing it out of my face, she wiped my tears with her thumbs and I released a shaky sigh.

"It's really nothing, please. I don't feel like talking about it" I know she'll tell my mother about this and if I give her the real reason, Catherine and my biological mother will be dead before I know it, I still need answers, and I'll have them soon.

"Sammy, don't lie to me. Tell me who upset you, let me take care of it" my aunt said again, I grabbed her wrists and gently pushed them out of my face, I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her again.

"I'm not ready to tell anyone, aunt Dal. But when it's the right time, I'll make sure to tell you everything" I whispered knowing she can hear me clearly, her hand softly scratched my head and it only made the tears fill my eyes again. The love was everywhere, the motherly love was everywhere, Lilith, Vivienne, Dalida but never from the one person I wished it was from.

"Don't cry my dear, it's gonna be okay." She kissed the top of head and I smiled sadly feeling the tears fall again. My hands shakily gripped on her blazer while she just shushed me.

"You wanna go see Nina with me? She's at work and she took Adrian with her" my aunt said and pulled away from the hug with a soft smile. I didn't see their baby boy yet, when my parents went to see him I was busy with school and exams.

"Okay then, let's go" I grabbed my stuff from my car and locked it, I followed after my aunt until we reached her car. She opened my door like she does with all the women in her life before making her way to the driver's side.

"How did you find me?" I asked when she started driving, she sighed and leaned her elbow on the window.

"I won't lie to you my dear, your mom asked me to keep an eye on you. Some of my men are around here, just for protection because things have been unstable lately and Lilith said someone wants her head" my aunt explained, someone wants my mom dead? But why? I know she had enemies but I thought it was only related to work.

"Don't overthink it Sammy, no one can kill your mom. Not even me" she tapped on the steering wheel with her fingers as we waited for the lights to turn green,

"Why would they want her dead?" I asked,

"I think it's old business, now I can't tell you everything but you should ask Lilith. She has all the answers" Aunt Dal parked the car in front of the casino aunt Nina owns, a security guard opened my door and helped me out of the car. Dalida handed him the keys and a hundred dollar bill then made her way inside with me following right behind her.

Now that I stopped crying I got to finally see what my aunt was wearing, a black suit, she loves suits, and she has like a thousand of those, different styles, different colors. Her blonde hair was down, laying on her back, it was so pretty and healthy.

We turned a corner and we kept going down the hallway towards a wooden door, aunt Dal pushed it open and walked in.

"Hi baby boy!" She said softly, a little boy only wearing diapers giggled and excitedly started crawling to her as fast as he could. She chuckled and picked him up, she kissed his cheeks and he started jumping and wiggling in her arms.