Chapter 27

Lola

I sat down in the changing room waiting for the door to open, I just know he's coming.

Everytime I disobey him this happens. The door slammed open and my father walked in looking furious, two of his bodyguards followed right after.

"I said break him! Why didn't you fuckin break him!" He yelled, I just stared at him emotionlessly. I didn't move or react to his yelling, I'm used to it.

"I needed you to end him Lola! But you decide and do exactly the opposite?!" I rolled my eyes and stood up to go get my bag but the bodyguards grabbed me from each side and slammed back against the wall.

"That guy wins all his fights in the east side, if you broke him tonight we would've taken over that as well but no, you decide to be a fuckin pussy!" My dad put his brass knuckles on and punched me hard on the face I kept my head down and spat on the floor feeling the metallic taste build up in my mouth.

"You could've been a legend." He punched me again,

"We could've owned this whole...fuckin...city" with each word he punched my side and face, any spot he was able to. The pain was unbearable, but I'll never give him that satisfaction. My left eye started to close and get blurry from the blood streaming down my forehead, but all I could do is shake intensely from the agonizing pain.

"That'll teach you a lesson, never disobey me again" his bodyguards let go of me and I dropped to the ground holding my side in pain, I think he might have broken something. I stayed there with my head down breathing as slow and short as I could to not make my side hurt even more.

Then I thought of my sister, my beautiful Daisy, she was what's been keeping me going all these years. I'll take a beating everyday just for her, I'll go through this each and every single time just for her to be okay and I'll never complain. She was just a little girl, she was a sweetheart, she liked the color yellow, she loved to draw and paint but she'll never be able to do that for long.

I was angry, I was angry at everything, at myself, at the world, at everything. Why did she have to be sick? Why can't it be me?

How can I not be angry? How can I not have trust issues? When my own father wants to hurt us, wants my sister dead.

I was a little girl once...and all I wanted was to feel like I mean something to him, or to someone, at least once. But of course, wishes were just a myth and reality was a whole different thing. You can't just get what you want because you asked for it, or because you wanted it.

I lifted my arm slowly and harshly wiped the tears running down my bloody face, they'd fill my eyes again so pathetically. If I cry, what would my sister say? I can't be crying.

I pushed myself off of the ground and took out my bag from it's hiding spot, I limped using the wall to help me walk then made my way out of the building. I barely made it to my car before falling next to my front wheel, I leaned against it breathing heavily. Fuck it hurt so bad, I don't think I'll be able to drive like this. I need something to ease the pain first.

I searched my bag for the bottle I always I keep there, a stainless steel flask of vodka. I downed half of like it was water feeling the burning sensation in my throat and chest. I closed my eyes and just stayed there listening to sound of nothingness.

I kept taking sip after sip until I felt a little at ease. I tried to get up feeling my wobbly legs shake. I opened the car door and got in, I threw my bag in the back seat and shut the door. I pulled the seat back so I can lay, I put my jacket over me using it as covers and tried to get some sleep.

-

The warm sunlight hitting my face woke me up, I groaned feeling the pain shoot through my side again with each move. I need to go back to my house to get this treated. I slowly and carefully put my jacket and sweat pants back on, I turned the car and readied myself for another three hour drive. Good thing this car was automatic so I didn't have to shift gears every second and make my side worse.

As soon as I entered the city I looked for a pharmacy or a drug store to get everything I'll be needed. I stopped the car in the parking lot and slowly made my way inside the drugstore, the man in the counter gave me a curious look and I ignored him. I walked through the aisles picking up everything I'm gonna be needing, sanitizer, alcohol wipes, bandages, bandaids.

"Lola?" At first I thought I was hallucinating so I didn't bother to look up and just kept staring at the bottles of medicine in front of me. Which one is better for pain?

"Lola!" the voice said much clearer now, I looked up confused trying to find the source of the voice, Sam was standing at the end of the aisle with a horrified but confused look. She made her way to me staring at the state I was in. My clothes were all bloody, my face and hands too and I looked like I was at war or something.

"Hey, good morning" I said nonchalantly and proceeded to act normal trying to pick a bottle.

"It's 4 in the afternoon, Lola. And what the hell happened to your face?!" She walked closer and tried to hold my face but she was scared to hurt me.

"Nothing, just an accident" I whispered and picked whatever medicine just so I can leave, but I turned too fast and quickly regretted it. The basket dropped to the ground and I winced holding my side, I leaned on the wall and tried to calm my breathing.

"You need to go to the hospital" I heard Sam say, she came to my side and wrapped her arms around my waist trying to hold me up.

"I'm fine, I just need to get home"

"You can barely walk Lola, you have to g-" I can't go to the hospital, they ask too many questions, they'd want answers and if I don't answer they'd call the cops and that'll only make it worse for me. My father won't let me live and there will be no one taking care of daisy.

"No, just please. Go finish what you were doing and let me be" I begged without looking at her, I tried to move away but she was holding me tightly.

"At least let me drive you home?" She asked softly, I looked at the girl standing next to me with a worried look in her eyes. I sighed and nodded, she smiled and crouch to pick up my basket.

I paid for everything and we both made our way to her car, she helped me inside and shut the door then ran to her side and got in.

"What were you doing here anyway?" I asked her when she started driving out of the parking lot, she gave me her phone and I typed in my address.

"I needed some stuff for my period, you know tampons, pain killers for cramps."

I didn't live that far from where we were, it was a house that my mom owned. It was mine since she wrote it in my name so that's the only thing my dad can't take from me along with the car because it was my mom's as well. She was a rich woman and she fell in love with my father, a middle class worker, she helped him stand on his feet and look at him now, all greedy for wealth and power.

"Nice place you got here" Sam tried to start a conversation but I was in too much pain to hold it with her, she helped me inside the house and I dropped down on the couch. I can't walk all the way up to my room like this.

She started opening the things I bought so she can clean my wounds and bruises, and I didn't complain I needed help with this.

*********************************************
:)

Muah

-S