Chapter 29

Sam

"Thank you, again" Lola said softly and sat next to me on the couch, I was dressed in one of her shirts that were way too big on me and the smallest pair of shorts she can find in her closet that could fit me.

"Don't worry about it, you needed help and I was there" I smiled softly, she was sitting very close to my body.

I was staring forward while she was facing my side, she wasn't that close I was just being dramatic, she was a reasonable space away but close enough for me to freak out.

She was in a sports bra and had bandages in her hands, she placed them on my lap which meant she wanted me to help her wrap her sides. I took the bandages and turned to face her, I leaned forward placing the head of the bandage on her right side before wrapping it around her making sure it wasn't too tight to the point it'll hurt her.

"So are you going to tell me how this happened?" I asked my eyes focus on what I was doing, I felt her hand gently brush my hair back so my eyes looked up at her. Her thumb softly caressed my cheek with a soft smile on her face but I could tell she wasn't okay.

"You shouldn't worry about me this much, Sam. I don't deserve it" She stood up and picked up her shirt then put it on before leaving the room, I was left confused and surprised with what she said. Why would she say that? Why wouldn't she be deserving of care?

"What? Why would you say that?" I asked when she walked back in the room, she had a bottle of vodka in one hand and a caprisun in the other. She handed it to me and sat back down on the couch then she downed the alcohol like it was juice. I grabbed the bottle from her and pulled it away from her lips.

"Slow down"

"It's fine. It's just for the pain" she whispered and tried to reach for the bottle again but I didn't let her. She tried to go for it again but I leaned away, Lola crawled on top of me and it took me a second or two to realize the position we were in.

Her chest was pressed on mine, my back was a little arched as I tried to get the bottle away from her, her hand touched my waist before it slowly went up. Lola slowly kissed my chin, then my jaw making me forget that I had a bottle in my hand.

"You..worry..too much" she said between kisses, I was too busy enjoying her soft lips on my neck that I didn't have the time to react when she grabbed the bottle from me.

I was about to scold her but I was interrupted by my phone ringing, I picked it up from the table and stared at the familiar number that I didn't want to save.

"Shit" I mumbled, I didn't know if I should keep ignoring her or pick up the phone. What if she asks to see me?

"Are you going to pick that up?" Lola asked, I swallowed and took a deep breath then answered the call.

"Hello?" I whispered,

"Samantha? Hi, sweetie. I wanted to check on you, you haven't been picking up my calls and.." she really sounded like she cared, she seemed like she was regretful.

I could never know what her true intentions were.

"I know." I replied in all honesty, at my low and unsettled voice Lola put the vodka bottle down and sat up.

"Sam, I was wondering.." I closed my eyes hoping she wouldn't ask what I thought she was going to ask.

"...if you're free today." I put my hand over my eyes to try and stop the tears from filling them up, she was so inconsiderate, so damn clueless of how hurt and heartbroken I was.

"I- ehm..I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to upset you. You..you don't have to, really" she replied quickly when she didn't hear my answer, I inhaled sharply and leaned backwards on the couch, I could feel Lola's eyes intensely watching my every move but I was too embarrassed to even glance her way.

"I'll..." I must say no, I had to, but she cut me off before I could speak.

"I just want to see you, please" she begged,

"Send me your location, I'll come to you" I found myself saying, I heard her voice say something but my phone was already away from my ear so I didn't catch what she was saying.

"Are you alright?" A hand on my shoulder made me realize I was still at Lola's place, I wiped my palms on my thighs and stood up from the couch.

"Ehm..I'm going to...leave" I picked up my keys, Lola stood up as well and grabbed my arm forbidding me from moving away.

"Did something happen? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly,

"I'm fine. I'm gonna go, get well soon" I tried to pull my arm away from her but she didn't let me go, she pulled me back to her, her hand went to my cheek wiping the tears away.

"You're crying, why are you crying?" she whispered softly, her eyes softly scanning my eyes for any emotions, anything that'll give her an idea about how I'm really feeling.

"I need to go see someone, it's important" she nodded and let go of me, I put my shoes back on and went to the door until I heard her footsteps following after me. I looked at Lola and she was putting on her shoes as well.

"What are you doing?"

"Going with you?" She replied simply and opened the door for me, I wasn't in the mood to fight her or argue with her so I just left the house and we both made our way to my car.

I checked my phone to see that I had a text from her number, I pressed on the link and maps opened showing her exact location. She was currently at the city hall.

The whole way there, Lola didn't ask questions, she just sat in the passenger seat looking out the window.

A few minutes later we reached our destination but I couldn't leave the car, we were right in front of the entrance to the city hall but now I was starting to slowly regret it, I didn't know if this was the right thing to do.

Will she even recognize me?

My door opened and I turned to look at Lola, when did she even get to my side of the car? She was waiting for me to say something, anything, but I didn't. I took a deep breath and stepped out.

"Do you have a rehearsal with your music teacher or something?" She asked trying to make me feel a little less nervous,

"No, I'm meeting my biological mom" I said make her eyes go wide in surprise, her mouth opened and closed but no words were coming out. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the entrance.

Would I be able to recognize her? Does she look the same?

We looked around, well I did, Lola was just following after me like a lost puppy, I was looking for a short lightskined woman with a pretty smile and light colored eyes. I had to find her just by memory, she might've change or maybe I had the description wrong.

"Sam?" Her voice dripped into my ears like acide, it made me feel cold, like I lost all the blood in my system, it made my body stop working for a moment and I just stood there listening to my own heart shatter in my chest.

"Samantha? Is that you?" She said behind me, I slowly turned to look at the person calling my name. A beautiful short woman with a pretty smile and light colored eyes was staring right back at me, she had confusion, guilt and something else written all over her face.

She was most likely in her early or mid forties but still looked young and pretty like she didn't stress a day in her life. Like she was living without a care, without me.

*******************************************
I know the chapter was short, but I'll try to update if I can.

I've been thinking, what if I die mid writing? Who would continue the book, lol....

Muah

-S