Chapter 48

Lola

Two weeks since Eliza died, two weeks since the last time Sam and I went to uni, and two weeks since my sister got out of the hospital. She still hasn't woken up but Lilith said she eventually will.

"Are you ready?" I asked Sam, we were back in the city and in her apartment. She asked me to stay with her last night, and of course I did.

"Yes, just finishing up my makeup" she replied, she was sitting in front of the mirror doing her hair and makeup.

"Who's class you've got first?" I asked while packing her things in her bag,

"Mrs Clark" she said with a sigh,

"Why the sigh, I thought you guys were good now?" I handed Sam her bag and we both made our way downstairs, she was still sad because of Eliza's death and I don't blame her that woman was her caretaker since she was a kid.

"I didn't talk to her, I don't know what to say to her in the first place"

Henry left already, so it was just me and Sam. We left her apartment and we went to the parking lot, I offered to drive her to school because I knew she wasn't in the mood.

"It's fine baby, just act normal." I kissed her temple and we both got in her car.

The drive to school was fast and silent, like usual. Sam was deep in her thoughts and I was swimming in mine, I've missed many classes but I'm not worried about that at all, I'm worried about Sam.

"I'll see you at lunch?" She asked softly, she was so cute. She had on a hoodie that I didn't know she owned and sweatpants, she used to make fun of me for dressing that way but now she does it herself.

"I'll wait for you in front of your class" I smiled and leaned to give her a quick kiss, she huffed and pushed my face away from her with a small smile that I would've missed if I wasn't already looking at her pretty face.

I watched her make her way inside the building then I left to mine, I forgot what class I had in the first place so I just walked around until I saw someone I recognized and followed them.

"Ms Collins, you finally remembered you had classes to attend?" The professor said as soon as I stepped foot inside his classroom,

"Sorry my dad died" I said with a smile, I watched his face fall as he stared at me in horror.

"My sister is also hospitalized, she technically died as well but they brought her back to life" I continued and watched as his face changed colors, he felt guilty, confused, taken back and a lot of other different emotions.

"I- I'm sorry, oh my god that's horrible" he replied, I rolled my eyes and made my way to my seat. This guy that I usually sit next to was also starting at me confused.

"What? Your dad never died before?" I said, the guy quickly looked away and focused his gaze in front of him.

The rest of this class went smoothly, I could feel people staring at my head the whole time and I would turn to glare at whoever is burning holes into my skull but they'd quickly look away.

At lunch, I waited for Sam to get out of her class. All the students did, except her. I waited for a few minutes more but I got bored, so I opened the door and just walked in to find Mrs Clark and Sam hugging, and Sam looked like she was crying.

"Shit sorry" I quickly walked backwards and shut the door, that would've been so awkward if I just stood there watching them hug and...bound? I don't know, whatever they were doing.

"Hi" a soft voice said behind me, I turned to look at Sam and she was standing there with a cute smile on her face wiping her tears with the sleeves of her hoodie.