Chapter 7

Sam

Summer break just got done, my family and I traveled  to a different country for vacation for a whole month and they still didn't want to let me go get settled in my new apartment.

I just got done putting everything in the car and my mom was still upset I wouldn't let her come with us but she'll get over it.

"Mom, I promise I'll be fine" she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug and I hugged her back,

"I know, but I can't help but worry"

My momma was standing next to the door, I've already said goodbye to her and Aurora inside.

'I love you' I signed, me and my sister know a bit of sign language because momma was deaf before she was turned to a vampire, somehow her becoming an immortal creature healed her deafness but she never stopped using it to communicate. She smiled and she signed it back. I waved at them one last time before getting in the car.

"Henry, can I talk to you for a second?" My mom pulled Henry to the side and I rolled my eyes, she was probably going to give him a whole speech about keeping me safe. I'm not going to war mom, it's just college.

"Remind me not to piss her off" Henry mumbled when he got in the car, our trip was going to be around three hours long and I'll mostly spend it sleeping.

Aunt Dalida and I agreed on meeting at the apartment my mom got for me, she already sent me the location and it was a penthouse in the center of the city and only about a twenty minute walk to where I'll be studying.

Even though I begged my mom not to go crazy and get me something too big for one person I know damn well that's exactly what she did, I'll probably ask Henry to be my housemate. I hate staying alone.

"Sam.." Henry called waking me up from my day dream, I glanced at him and then in front of me. We were in front of a building that was all glass from the outside, my aunt was leaning on the car in front of us with a cigarette in her mouth. I smiled and got out of the car to greet her.

"Sammy darling! How are you?" She stomped on the cigarette, or what was left of it and met me half way. Her tall figure leaned to give me a hug, she glanced at Henry and nodded while he just awkwardly waved at her.

"I'm doing okay aunt Dal, how's aunt Nina? How's the baby doing?" I asked while she guided us inside the building, aunt Dal and Nina decided to adopt a baby only a few months old. They been wanting to start a family for a while now and finally they got the chance to do so.

"Oh he's okay, he wakes me up at 3 in the morning just to giggle in my face." She said with a sigh but with that wide smile on her face I could tell she didn't mind waking up that early for her baby.

We waited for the elevator doors to open so we can get in and they did after a few seconds, my aunt pressed the 23rd floor and I rolled my eyes at that. Of course my mom decided to pick the roof, what if someday the elevator stops working? And I have to walk up the stairs?

"Here are your keys, you'll be alone on the floor. I'll keep a spare key just in case of an emergency" she showed me the copy she had in her hand, I unlocked the door and pushed it open to be met with the scent of cleanliness.

"The cleaning lady must've just left" I said taking off my sneakers at the door, I had slippers right next to the entrance. Henry did the same but he stayed in his socks. Aunt Dalida didn't care and just walked right in with her shoes.

"If your friend is gonna be staying here, he better be paying rent."

"Oh yes ma'am! I'll do that!" Henry replied quickly, she gave him a glance before focusing her attention on me.

"Don't ask how I brought that piano up here" A piano? I turned the corner to check the living room to find a piano right there next to the furniture.

"There's a balcony, with a pool made of glass  I don't know why you'd need a pool but it's pretty cool, I like it."

I looked at Henry and he was staring in amazement, then he smiled mischievously, I just knew immediately what he was thinking about. House party.

I'm going to kill him if he ever suggest that.

"There's a car in the underground parking lot, for you to move around. Anyways, I'll leave you to settle down. You're luggage is already being brought up here" Aunt Dal said and put the car keys on top of the piano,

"You" she pointed to Henry who stiffened under her intense glares.

"Yes ma'am?"

"If I find a scratch on her I'm going to drown you" she pointed to me, I groaned and put my hands on my face to cover it.

"I'll see you later darling" she kissed my head and made her way to the door, when she opened it, men in suits walked in with our suitcases and bags.

"Do you need them to bring you anything before we leave?" Dalida asked me,

"No thank you!" She smiled and left the apartment, her men soon followed after.

"Is your whole family hot and scary?"

"Yep, every single one of them"

***

"Okay, since we've settled who'll sleep in the room next to the living room and who'll sleep in the one upstairs, we should probably get something to eat" I took the room upstairs because I get to be alone, and Henry took the room next to the living room. We were both happy about it.

"I'm sure they filled the fridge as well" I stated, we made our way to the kitchen and Henry started taking out ingredients to cook us something.

"I know how to make the best macaroni and cheese in the whole world." He said with an excited tone, I sat on the stool and leaned on my folded arms while Henry moved from corner to the other to get all the things he'll be needing.

"Are you sure about that?" I teased.

We spent the whole evening making plans for tomorrow, taking our documents to the administration was the first thing on our to-do list. Then we'll be exploring the city, to find locations we could go to, like a mall, a club for Henry to go get drunk, and maybe a library or a theatre for me to go entertain myself.

-

"I thought she meant a bmw or a Mercedes when your aunt said 'a car to move around with' not a freaking Porsche 911" Henry almost dropped to his knees to hug and kiss the car parked in front of us, it was a dark green Porsche 911 turbo s.

I recognized it since it was one of my mom's cars that she didn't drive and just kept around the house because she can. She buys stuff that she doesn't need and then says, oh maybe I'll use this later, then she doesn't use it.

"Can I drive? Can I drive? Can I drive?!" Henry asked over and over again, and I was feeling the headache surfacing.

"Okay! Jesus Christ Henry" I handed him the keys and he jumped like a kid when the lights blinked when he unlocked it. I sometimes think there's a five year old kid living in his body and not an 18 year old.

"You're rich as well you know, you can get it if you wanted to" I said to him,

"I know I know but my dad says when I get my own money I can buy whatever I want. He won't buy me a $224,000 car just because I asked him to, I'm not a spoiled brat like you" he joked, I didn't even ask for the car, they just buy me and give me things that I don't ask for but I'm grateful.

"Sure Henry, you're definitely not a spoiled brat"

Henry and I went directly to campus, he went towards his department and I went towards mine so I can hand them my enrollment documents. The fees have been payed already, so we just had to wait for this week to be over so we can start our school year.

********************************************
Hi! I might update again.

Muah

-S