Chapter 12

Sam

"Make sure...for example over here" Howard pointed to the different patterns and colors in the middle of his painting.

"That the the mix you do has a meaning" the painting was split in half, one side was of a cute cottage house in the middle of a green field while the other half was of a busy city but even though the images were different the of colors separating them were one.

"What if I don't want to do different drawings?" The redhead next to me asked, I looked at her for a moment, she was again in a white hoodie and black sweatpants, I just want to know if she was hiding anything under the baggy clothes.

"Miss Collins, for the nth time please take off the hood so I can see you face" Howard said, I heard her sigh deeply and slowly pulled the hood off, her right cheek which was on my side had a blue purplish bruise on the cheekbone, her lip looked busted and she had another small bruise on her jaw.

"Can I put it back now? Or you want to look at my face longer?" She asked the professor who was too flabbergasted and even scared to say anything to her. He shook his head no and turned back to look at his painting.

The silence filled the room and more curious stares were on Chucky who just ignored them and put her hood back and slumped back on her seat.

"What's your answer then?" She asked Howard who looked too deep in his thoughts, I could tell he was judging her from the face he was making and he was too busy doing so that he forgot to answer her question.

"As long as the painting has a meaning, it has to show the way you feel and has to be compatible with your music partner" he answered simply, the stares only grow larger and the murmurs grew louder, it felt like everyone forgot the lesson and had their attention on her.

I was contemplating if I should ask her if she was alright or not, but I wasn't sure maybe I should just shut up and keep it to myself.

I cleared my throat and glanced at Lola who was glaring at Howard.

"Are you...ehm are you alright?" I asked, I wasn't worried or anything but I know how she gets when she's mad and she might get up and attack the poor man, he wasn't as tall or as strong as she was and she'll most likely kill him.

"Yeah" she replied simply, I didn't ask her anything else and we just went back to ignoring each other as we listened to the lecture. She was still glaring at the professor while me, well I was wondering how did she get those bruises, did she get in a fight again? Not that I care or anything I was just curious.

When classes were over, Henry and I drove back to my apartment. I was going to cook us dinner tonight because he's been doing that since we got here, I still didn't know what to make yet but it won't be mind-blowing. I hate cooking for someone other than myself and Aurora.

The reason for that, is that I'm always afraid of judgement, if they make a face that could possibly mean they didn't like it or perhaps it was just a little too salty, I'll never make that dish again.

-

Before I knew it, the was over and it was already Friday. You know when you really hate something time goes by so fast, or that's what I think. Henry just left a few hours ago and I was scrolling on my phone waiting for Chucky to arrive.

On queue, the doorbell went on. I mentally readied myself to face her and her shitty attitude again, I opened the door and Chucky stood there with another plastic bag in her hands just like last week, on her other hand she was holding a small beige duffle bag that matched the color of her hoodie.

Without saying a word to her I stepped out of the way and she walked in, she took off her shoes and put the slides on. She waited for me to close the door and walk in the house so she can follow after me. She handed me the bag still not giving me a glance and went to sit on the couch.

I made my way to the kitchen and looked through the bag, same things from last week four mini lemon cakes and a chocolate milkshake. I sighed wishing I could taste it, it looked so good. I grabbed a cake and took a bite from it, before putting everything in the fridge and grabbed her a water bottle.

"Thank you, for the cakes" I said when I walked back in the living room.

"Sure" she mumbled and took the water bottle from me, she unzipped her duffle bag and pulled out a large rolled paper, a pencil and an eraser. I stood there in front of her and watched her unroll the empty paper, I guess that's where the sketch for her painting will be.

She put the pencil between her lips and pulled out four circle things that looked like the hockey pucks, she separated them and put each one on every corner of the paper to keep it open. They were magnets.

"So I've been thinking, and I guess, maybe your work should be me, and mine should be you" she said with the pencil still in her mouth, I gave her a confused look and pulled the pencil away. I did hear her the first time but I had to hear it again to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me.

"What?"

"I know you heard me the first time, I'm not repeating myself" she said again without looking at me, she pulled her sleeves and stained her beige hoodie with the graphite from the pencil.

"I thought you said I was too ugly to paint?" I put my hands on my hips and waited for her to answer, she hummed and pulled her hood back so I can get a better look at her face and left another stain on her shirt, I cringed again, I hated when people stain their clothes.

"I don't have a choice" and went to touch the hem of the shirt.

"Stop!" I said catching her and myself off guard, she raised a curious brow at me and stopped moving her hands.

"Can you stop touching your beige shirt and staining it? It's really giving me the ick" I whined, it was so frustrating to me, she did it the first time and I tried to ignore it then the second and now the third time, it was making me so damn upset.

"What? Why? It's my hoodie, the fuck?"

"It's disturbing me!"

"I don't care, deal with it" we just glared at each other, she didn't back down and I didn't either, I wanted her to stop staining that damn shirt and she was too stubborn to do as I say, she'll end up staining my grey couch with those filthy fingers of hers.

"If I find a stain on my couch you're buying me a new one" she stood up and made her way to the kitchen, a second later she came back with a chair in her hand.

"I won't stain your couch just sit the fuck down you're giving me a headache" she said when we were face to face, she put the chair next to me and I huffed and sat down. She went back to the couch and grabbed a small sketchbook from her bag, how many of those does she have?

She leaned back and started sketching, her eyes glanced at me for a moment before looking back at her notebook, that's when I realized what she was doing. And for some weird reason I felt heat rush to my face before I could prevent it, so I tried to hide it with my hair by looking down. I'm sure she wasn't even drawing my face.

"Look at me" she said in low demanding voice, I closed my eyes for a second so I don't say something I don't mean and slowly looked up at her, her green eyes were already staring at me intensely.

I just want this to end already...

*********************************************
You are gay.

Muah

-S