Chapter 17

Sam

"See mom, I told you I'll keep my promise" I shut the car door and ran to my mom to give her a hug,

"Yeah yeah, whatever" she put her arm on my shoulders and we both walked in the house, it was the weekend so Aurora was most likely here, and my momma as well.

"Boo!" A little voice said behind me, my sister gave me a mischievous look before hugging me.

"Great way to welcome me"

"I know right" she replied sarcastically, my momma was in the kitchen so I went to her. I smiled and kissed her cheek, she was making dinner hopefully she doesn't burn it.

"Hi sweetie how's school?" She asked softly,

"It's nice, too much boring lectures but I manage" I sat down on the stool next to her and leaned on my elbows.

"Does it not bother you living with that boy?" My mom asked from the other side of the kitchen, I looked at her for a second before shaking my head no.

"No mom, we're doing fine. He has his own room and I got mine, we go to uni together" I explained but she still had this suspicious look, as if she knew there was something missing in my truth.

"Okay then, but you know if he bothers you or anyone for that matter, you call me" she said in serious voice, I nodded reassuring her that she'll always be the first person I call if something or someone is bothering me or if I feel unsafe.

Later that night, Aurora knocked on my room door and let herself in before I could say "come in".

"How can I help you?" I asked my little sister, she walked closer to my bed and then made herself comfortable on it, she tucked herself in next to me and smiled.

"I don't need your help, I'm perfectly capable of helping myself."

"Then what are you doing here?" I looked at this idiot who I call my sister while she sat on my bed thinking she owned the spot and the room.

"Why is there a faint scent of Lola on you?" She finally asked, I can see the smirk grow on her face making me roll my eyes at her.

"She's my project partner again, I can't believe I have to be stuck with her for 5 more months. I'm already so tired" Aurora had her eyebrows raised suspiciously as she listened to me complain,

"I see..."

"And then one second she brings me cakes and milkshakes and the other she's calling me ugly and hard to draw, like I don't understand her sometimes, she's so rude yet I saw how soft she was with her sister..."

"You met Daisy?" Aurora asked softly, I looked back at my sister and she had this worried yet sad look on her face.

"Yeah but only once"

"The poor girl is so sick, sometimes I can't stand sitting in the same classroom as her because her blood makes me dizzy and sometimes nauseous even..." she stated, she sounded sad and disappointed at the same time.

"But I don't hate her for that, I wanna be her friend but she barely comes to school anyway" she sighed and pulled the covers off of her, she jumped down from the bed and left the room.

If Aurora can't take the scent of that poor girl's blood it means she's so sick, and her blood cells could be dying, and from the way she looked the last time I saw her I assume she has some type of cancer.

-

The next morning, my momma walked in the kitchen while I was having breakfast she said she had to go to the theatre to check on some things.

"Ehm momma?" Maybe I should ask her about what Lola said the other day, if she has time of course.

"Yes honey?"

"So, my project partner and I need someone to play Lacrimosa for us but you know it needs so many people and so much work, if you're available can you bring your orchestra so you can play it on the day of our project? But only if you have time" my momma smiled and walked to where I was sitting, she leaned to kiss the top of my head and gently brush her hand on my hair.

"If I didn't have time Sammy, I'll make it for you." She said with a soft loving smile, she grabbed her stuff, keys, phone, some documents and hurried out of the house.

"Sammy!" My sister called,

"In the kitchen" a second later she appeared in front of me, she was dressed nicely like she was going out.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused,

"We're going to the park, you wanna go with us?" She asked with a hopeful look, I nodded and she squealed and hugged me before disappearing again. I looked down at what I was wearing, sweatpants and a hoodie, it's so comfy and I don't feel like going upstairs to change.

I can't believe I'm starting to dress like her.

"You ready sweetie?" My mom asked, she, as well was in presentable clothes. She had on a red tube top with sleeves and black jeans, so simple yet she looked so fabulous.

"I am yes" I smiled and she nodded and we all made our way to the car.

My mom and Aurora were having a conversation while I just stared out of the window deep in my thoughts, I wonder if Lola's sister is alright. I mean the way she rushed out of my apartment the other day was concerning, maybe she goes to see her everyday? But it takes literally a three hour drive to get here, then she comes back to attend classes the next day.

The car stopped in front of the park, we all got out and walked on the pavement, kids were running around giggling and laughing, some were on the swings, while others were next to their parents.

My mom and I went to sit on a bench while Aurora ran to the sand pit. I smiled and watch how she was talking to all the other kids, making friends was so easy for her. Unlike me, I didn't like making friends, if Henry didn't talk to me many years ago I would still have no friends.

Aurora's head snapped up, her face was blank while she stared at a group of kids. She slowly got up and made her way to them in a threatening way, I had a feeling something wasn't right.

The next thing I know my sister was on top of this kid hitting him in the face, my mother and I quickly ran to her, my mom pulled Aurora away from the boy but she was so furious, I've never seen her like this before.

"Aurora! Stop it!" My mom yelled at her, my sister calmed down but she was glaring at the boy who was all bruised.

"He laughed at her! He called her an alien! She's not an alien! She's beautiful!" Aurora tried to get away from my mom's grip but mom had a good hold around her.

"What are you talking about Aurora?" I asked my sister, she pointed towards the slides. I made my way there and I heard sniffling, I looked under the slides and I saw a little girl in a floral dress with her head between her legs, she didn't have hair, and she was so pale.

"Hey sweetheart, come here" I called her softly, she slowly looked up and I immediately recognized her face.

"Daisy?"

"Sam?" We said at the same time, she crawled to me and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around the little girl while she just cried.

"Hey it's okay, don't cry. You're okay" I whispered softly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and Aurora was standing next to me with a beanie in her hand. She handed it to me and I smiled at her.

"Here Daisy let me help you put this back" she pulled away and I smiled at her, she was so cute, I could tell she's a redhead just like her sister from the red eyelashes she had, they were barely there but I saw them. I put the beanie back on her head.

Daisy smiled at Aurora softly and for the first time in my whole life I saw my sister's cheeks go a deep shade of red. I looked at my mom and she had a knowing smile.

*******************************************
Hello good morning everyone!

Muah

-S