Chapter 6

Sam

I opened the door to Mr Watson's classroom to find Lola going for the handle. When she saw me she rolled her eyes and sighed like she got tired of seeing my face, well so was I. I closed the door and tried to leave but she put her arm in front of me so I don't walk away.

"Can you move your stick out of my way?" I said trying to step to the side but she did the same and stopped me from moving again.

"You giving Watson more reasons to fail me?" She asked still glaring at me, I could see the bruises on her face much clearer now and they looked bad. Did she even treat them well?

She leaned on the wall and waited for me to speak, what is she even doing here? Was she going to speak with Mr Watson about the projects again?

"What I do and say is none of your business"

"Oh it is my business when you were the reason that asshole gave me an F"

"Well for your information, I just saved your school year. God, sometimes I wonder why I act so nice to people who don't even deserve it, but you know what..."

"You don't have to thank me, think of it as charity work" I said sarcastically and pushed her out of the way. I left to go to the cafeteria again to find Henry still in the same place where I left him.

"Where did you go?" I sat next to him and smiled.

"Bathroom" he doesn't have to know everything.

***

"That's amazing!"

I was staring at the screen of my MacBook reading the acceptance letter from the college I applied to. My parents were standing behind me and they both read through the email as well.

"But baby, isn't it too far? It's in a different city" my momma asked, I could tell she was happy I got accepted but deep down she wished it was somewhere close.

"I know momma but it's where I wanna go" I turned to look at them, I wanted to go there because that university was one of the best and I could get away from this city. Away from my past.

"I'll call Dalida she'll find you a good apartment there, and don't say no I wanna live in the dormitories because that's out of the question" my mom didn't like when she shared with other humans, she said not all of them now basic hygiene and she doesn't want me to get sick. She'd rather spend millions on a apartment just for me. She acts like I'm not human as well but when I bring that up she says no that's different.

"Ugh"

"Don't 'Ugh' me young lady, you're gonna thank me later" she warned jokingly.

It's been a week since I graduated, since school officially ended and it's been so stressful. I've been waiting patiently for a reply from all the colleges I've applied to, I got accepted in all of them and got a chance to chose what I want.

Henry applied to a business school in the same city, and we'll be seeing each other more often because we'll be on the same campus which I'm thankful for, I'll have at least one familiar person around.

"When's Henry going? Maybe you two should go together" my momma suggested, maybe she's right, so I don't get lost on the huge campus. I'll be having Henry there, then we can both get lost.

"Yeah that's a good idea, I'll call him and ask when he's available"

I spent the rest of the day packing my things, everything that I'm going to need and those I won't be needing as well, I just filled my suitcases. Clothes, makeup, shoes, perfumes.