Chapter 10

Sam

I stayed in my seat waiting for my "project partner" to come down from her seat and join me at the front row. I was still surprised that she goes here but more surprised I got paired with her.

I felt someone take a seat next to me, Chucky sat down and put her bag on the table. I sighed and turned to look at her, she had her hood on but I can see the front of her red hair. Her face was healed from the last time I saw her, surprisingly.

"Are we gonna start or you're just gonna keep staring?" She said in a bored voice, I rolled my eyes and made sure she saw it.

"I just don't understand how in the world I get paired with you again" I voiced my thoughts, I didn't even know she was into art, so never did it cross my mind that she'll attend art school.

"It's not like I asked for you either, I'd rather do a month worth of homework in a night" she said smugly and put her hands behind her head to lean on them making the hoodie ride up showing a bit of her abdomen and her boxerband, I looked away from her and grabbed my notepad.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with" I went through the notes I've wrote and tried to see if I had anything that'll help us start.

"What kind of art do you do?" I asked the unbothered person sitting next to me,

"I paint" she replied shortly, I looked at her in disbelief.

"Oh wow how very informational of you, can you stop being lazy and try to make effort..." Chucky stared back at me with a raised eyebrow,

"Or at least give me ideas, because as you can see I take everything very seriously" she huffed and opened her backpack, she took out a large sketchbook. She put it in front of me and opened it, on each page there was an amazing sketch or drawing of either nature, people or random lines...

"I sketch things that catch my eyes, then I turn them into paintings. I don't know how that can help you" I flipped through the pages, she was talented and very creative, at least she had those and they could be a major help with this project. I reached a page that caught me off guard, it was of a female greek statue, a naked female greek statue, I quickly shut the book and looked at her feeling the heat slowly creep to my cheeks.

"Well, I'm a pianist and a violinist so how do you think we could combine those?" I mean I could think of million things but in this moment I didn't even have one single idea to contribute with.

Chucky pulled her hood off and folded her arms in front of her and leaned on the table, she looked so bored and a little sleepy even.

"Maybe you should write a song or whatever that'll match my painting" she replied so casually, that's a tolerable idea, but what would she paint? What was I going to write? God this is too complicated.

"But it has to mean something? I can't just write anything and you can't just paint anything, it has to be something special" I explained, Chucky rolled her eyes before closing them.

God I hated her guts, she was so lazy and careless, and such...such a bitch! She doesn't even try to contribute, or give ideas. I can't believe I have to work with her again.

"God you're so infuriating" I said out loud, Chucky opened her eyes to give me a glance of unbotherness before she closed them again. A few students were giving me a curious stare but I just ignored them.

"Mr Howard!"

"Yes Sam?" He looked up from his phone, Chucky was suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Are we allowed to change partners?"

"Unfortunately you'll be stuck with them for the next six months" he gave me an apologetic smile, I huffed and looked back at my notebook. I heard Chucky chuckle at my frustration which only made me more upset.

"Listen here you piece of shit, I don't even curse and the moment I see you, you make me want to yell every curse word I know, if you're not going to help with this please tell me now so I can find somebody else..." I grabbed my stuff and shoved them in my bag,

"I'm not about to beg you to make some effort! I'm tired of you being a lazy prick, I'm so freaking tired, so please for the love of god, act like a damn adult" I was thankful that we were allowed to leave whenever we wanted, I didn't want to be near her anymore because she makes me so mad, and I'd rather be out of that room before I end up causing a scene. But I think it was too late for that.

I fast walked through the hallway, I don't even know why I'm acting so dramatic, maybe I'll be getting my period soon, or maybe, that woman is just so freaking infuriating!

"Wait!" I didn't think whoever was calling was talking to me so I kept on walking, that's until a hand grabbed my bicep and turned me around to face them. Chucky quickly let go of my arm and shoved her hands in her grey sweatpants pockets.

"Ehm...well, maybe we should exchange information...you know, for the project" how awkward can she be? I tapped my foot faster on the pavement waiting for her to say something else.

"Just...give me your damn number!" She said sounding frustrated,

"I'm sure if I give it to you you won't remember to call or text and I know for fact you won't bother studying online. So..." I ripped a piece from my notepad and wrote my address on it then gave it to her, she scanned it with a confused look before looking back at me.

"If we're going to do this project we need to meet, this subject needs communication, inspiring portraits, critical thinking and other things that we'll find along the way..." She didn't give me a reply she just held on to that piece of paper, so I slowly backed away from her and made my way to the car.

That girl only has two moods, an angry psychopath or an awkward moron. No in between.

"Hello?" My housemate finally answered his phone, I unlocked the car and got in throwing my purse on the passenger seat.

"Henry, meet me at the car." a few minutes later the passeger door opened and Henry got in, I started the car as we both put our seatbelts on so we can leave campus.

"You'll never guess who's my performance studies partner" I said with a sigh, I still can't believe that Chucky was here in the same university as me.

"Lola Collins"

"Chucky?!" Henry gasped, he was as astonished as I was when I saw her earlier in class.

"What is that thing doing here?!"

"Woah, first of all I know she's a moron but no need to call the woman a 'thing' Henry, that's not nice" like I always say, two wrongs don't make a right. Yes Chucky is mean but her condition isn't something to make fun of.

"But she's a psychopath! Why do you keep defending her?!" Henry replied a little defensively,

"That I agree with, but still it doesn't give you the right to make fun of something she can't control.." before we knew it were already going down to the parking lot, Henry got out and waited for me to grab my stuff. He didn't say a word the whole time we were in the elevator.

Wait till he finds out Chucky was going to start coming to my place to work on the project. I won't tell him, until she shows up.

I'm so not ready for his complaining...

*********************************************
What's your favorite Barbie movie? Mine is "Babie in the 12 dancing princesses"

Muah

-S