Chapter 42

Lola

"Lola!"

"Lola wait!"

I could hear Sam's mom call for me, I didn't know how she found me but she did. Like she always does, I was sitting on the bridge with my head down watching my legs dangle. Under me was a freeway, I wasn't thinking about jumping or anything, I just felt free here.

"I'm not gonna jump Mrs Falcon, don't worry" I said and wiped my tears, she sighed in relief and came to sit next to me.

"I'm sorry about your sister, my dear" she said softly, she put her hand on my back and gently rubbed it in a comforting way.

"I was waiting for it, I've already past all the stages of grief before she even died. But now, I accept it" I smiled sadly, Mrs Falcon smiled back and patted my back.

"You should talk about how you feel Lola, you should always say what's in your heart or someday your heart won't take the pressure and it'll fail you. Talk to someone, wether it's Sam, or someone close to you" she talks like Sam, I sighed and turned to get off the bridge, Mrs Falcon did the same.

"It's gonna be okay" she reassured and wrapped her arms around me in a hug, I wiped my face from the tears again and sighed. Mrs Falcon's phone started ringing and she pulled away to answer it.

"Yes my love?" She answered, her smile quickly dropped and she looked terrified.

"What do you mean Sam is not there?! Get in the car" we both ran to her car and got in, she put started it and drove away. She put the phone on her lap and put it on speaker.

"Eliza took the kid out of the hospital because Aurora bit her and she could possibly turn, I'm not quite sure yet" Lilith voice was heard inside the car, the kid? My sister?

"My sister?! Is she alive??" I asked, I couldn't help myself. Did she turn? What even happened? I wanted to ask her so many questions.

"What about Sam? Where is she?" Mrs Falcon asked her wife,

"She's not in the hospital, or near it. I can't catch her scent. I'm gonna call Dalida, I'll see you at home darling" the line cut off and Mrs Falcon released shaky breath, I love how we jump from one problem to another.

"I have a bad feeling Lola, Sam doesn't disappear out of the blue. She's a smart kid and she knows people are not to be trusted"

This family drives like they have nine lives, I was wearing the seatbelt, holding on to the thingy right on top of my head and I still felt like I was riding a rollercoaster.

Mrs Falcon stopped the car in front of her house then almost ran out of the car, she opened the main door and we both walked in.

Lilith was sitting in one of the couches talking on the phone. Sam's driver, I think her name is Eliza, she was standing next to Lilith.

"Babe?" Mrs Falcon went to sit next to her wife, Eliza's landed on me and in a second she was right in my face.

"Your father has something to do with this. I smelled his scent back in the hospital, why would your dad want to take Sam?" Eliza said in a low voice, we were about the same height but god fuckin damnit she was so scary or perhaps it's the fact that I know she's not human. But she'll never know that she scares me.

"Eliza leave the girl alone, she has nothing to do with this and you're bothering her" Mrs Falcon said, I need to know where my sister is, did they bring her here?

"Where's my sister?" I simply asked, she took a step aside and pointed to one of the doors. I pushed past her and made my way there, I opened the door and walked in. Aurora was sitting next to the bed with her head laid on my sister's hand.