Chapter 46

Dalida

Lilith is my bestfriend, I know her like I know myself. And I love her so much, she's my cousin, my sister, and my family, and truly, I'll die for her to protect her and protect the ones close to us.

Eliza was the same way, Eliza was our family, she was our friend since we were kids, years before Lilith's parents died. Eliza's father was a general in our army, so Eli was always with us, training, learning, we did everything together.

For those years where I wasn't close with Lilith, Eli was there, she was there for her, to help her and comfort her. Lilith and Eli were closer than Lilith and I was, and even though Eli never showed any emotions we all knew how much she loved Lilith. And Lilith knew that out of all of us.

"Lilith?" I called her as I walked in the room, she was standing in front of Louis. Blood was everywhere, on the walls, on the ground, on the ceiling.

Louis' face was unrecognizable, it was all swollen and bloody, he had cuts the size of my hand that went from his forehead to his chin but I could still hear his heart beats, he was still alive. He was just whining, and whimpering, he couldn't talk. When he screamed, I saw the reason why he couldn't talk.

She ripped his tongue out.

"Do you enjoy this as well?" She asked him, when he didn't reply she punched him, again and again and again, every punch was harder than the next, I think I heard his skull crack at some point.

"Lilith, that's enough. Let the men deal with him" If I let her go one with this, we're gonna be here for hours. Her punches were getting weaker, like she could barely lift her arm to hit the man, she stumbled back and leaned on the desk with her head down.

"This is all my fault" she whispered, her silent cries were breaking my heart. I went to her and wrapped my arms around her, she softly sobbed and I could feel how shaky her hands were.

"It's not your fault Lilith, if we should blame anyone it should be him." I said my eyes fully focused on Louis, his heartbeats were slower than before and I knew he was dying but I wanted him to suffer to the very last second.

"If someone is going to deal with him, it should be me. I'll deal with him, for her." Lilith pulled away from the hug and went to Louis, the man was too weak to even move. She ripped his shirt open and I saw a bullet wound on his side, Lilith pushed her finger in the hole making him scream in pain then she dragged her finger across his stomach ripping his skin open.

"Enjoy dying a very slow and painful death, asshole" his blood was pouring out of him and I could almost see his insides with how deep the cut was. She wiped her hand on his face before moving out of the way.

"Burn the place" she demanded, I nodded and followed after her. We left the building and I ordered the men to burn the whole place down and make sure nothing comes in or out of it.

"Yes ma'am" they bowed and disappeared to go do as they were told, Lilith went straight to the car where Eliza was and got in, she didn't look in the back seat where Lola and Eli were. She sat in the driver's seat and I went to the passenger side.

"I think you should call Margaret and ask her to come to the house" Lilith said without looking at me, she started driving away from the warehouse, it was so quiet outside and inside the car. I could only hear Lola's heart and her steady breathing.

I dialed Margaret's number and stared at it for a moment before pressing the call button, a few rings later her voice was heard.

"Dalida, hi!" She said with enthusiasm, we haven't talked in a while I'm assuming that's why.

"Hello Margaret, can you come to Lilith's place? It's important"

"Is something wrong? Is Sam okay? Eli told me she was in trouble" the woman asked worriedly, I closed my eyes and rubbed my face in frustration. How can I tell her that Eli wasn't here anymore.

"Margaret, just come to the house okay?"

"Oh, okay. I'll be there in a minute" she whispered and the line went off, I huffed and leaned my head back on the seat.

***

"Hi baby, are you okay?" As soon as I got out of the car, Nina wrapped her arms around me. I nodded and kissed her head, her eyes landed on the person laying in the backseat and I watched her face drop. Her eyes searched mine for answers until she figured it out on her own. Her hand flew to her mouth horrified with the new realization.

"Who's gonna tell Margaret?" Nina whispered,

"Tell me what?" Margaret came out of the house with a soft smile but I could see the worry in her eyes, she searched around to try and find her lover but she couldn't.

"Where's...where's Eliza?" She asked but none of us dared to reply, I stepped away from the car and so did Lilith, only my cousin went right in the house without looking at anyone. Lola walked away as well, to leave some room for Margaret to see.

At the sight of Eli's dead body I watched the mixed emotions all over Margaret's face, pain, anger, sorrow...She shakily touched Eli's face, her hands wiping the black tears on her lover's skin.

"E-Eli?" She whispered hoping she'll get a simple word, a simple answer from her but of course she could only hope, it wasn't going to happen.

"My baby..." She put her forehead on Eli's and silently cried, her shaky hands brushed and caressed on Eliza's face and shoulders. Margaret couldn't hold her sobs and cries anymore.

"Aunt Dal? Who is that? Who is that in the car?" I heard Sam say, she tried to run to the car but I met her half way and she collided against me, I wrapped my arms around her while she tried to get away.

"Let me go! Let me go please!" She screamed and tried to wiggle herself away from my grip, Sam tried to push my arms away, but all I did was hold her to my chest.

"Eliza!" Sam cried out, when she realized there was no way I was going to let her go she gave up and fell into my arms. I shushed her and kissed her head while she gripped on my shirt harshly. Nina went to comfort Margaret and I brought Sam inside the house, Lola followed right after.

"Can you take her to her room please?" I asked the girl, she nodded and wrapped her arms around Sam and helped her upstairs to her room.

I made my way to the bathroom and took off my clothes. I just washed the blood off my body and hair quickly, I threw the white shirt that was stained in blood in the trash and dried myself with a towel before putting back what I was wearing before.

I followed my boy's scent through the house until I found him in one of the rooms, he was laying on the bed cuddling with a teddy bear. I felt the tears fill my eyes when I realized that was the teddy bear Eliza gave him when we first brought him home because she didn't know what to gift him.

He noticed my presence and he giggled softly and tried to roll on his stomach, I smiled softly at him and picked him up.

"Hi baby boy" I whispered softly, he giggled and tried to bite my cheek with with his toothless mouth. I laid down on the bed and laid Adrian on my chest, he was making baby noises while tapping on my chest with his tiny hands. Soon enough, I heard his breathing find a steady rhythm and I knew he was asleep.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day...

*********************************************
I think I'll update again.

Muah

-S