Wakas

"Loving from afar means being in love with someone you cannot be with."

This is the end of the first installment of Montecarlo Heir Series. Thank you so much for all your support and making it this far. Hoping to see you on the succeeding installments!
-----
"Please, my wife. I love you." I am already desperate. I can't help the tears from falling. I'm like a madman crying. I don't think I can last a day without you by my side. Please.. let's fight together. I will fight for us. Let me be your strength.

But then I realized that I am not in her position. I am not feeling the exact pain that she is experiencing. As much as I wanted her to fight this illness, my heart is breaking every time she wanted to give up after her chemotherapy session.

She stopped getting treatments anymore... dahil sinabi ng doktor na baka wala na rin iyong magagawa. Her body is no longer reacting to it.

We went back home in the Philippines as she was already exhausted from the pain and just wanted to spend her remaining days.. with me, and our little one.

"Please, stay with me..." I almost lost my voice. The lump on my throat and my heavy heart hinders me from voicing out my feelings. She already accepted the fact that this is a losing battle. I don't. It's just my guilt and delusion of wanting to keep on holding on.. and asking her to fight even though she is really having a hard time. This battle is already lost. We were wounded so badly.

Please, God Almighty, let me take all the pain instead.

I am not a religious type of man despite my upbringing, but I believe in Him. And if God forbids.. if this is His way to tell me that our relationship will not be allowed by His rules, I started thinking of selling my soul to the devil.. just to have my wife cured of her illness.

We are sitting at the balcony of my mother's family manor here in Antique, in front of eight hundred hectares of our food crops. The calm breeze soothes her. She requested for us to stay here after meeting our son in Manila. I wanted to buy an estate for her but my mother refused. After all, this ancestral house is mine to inherit. For my little family. For us to live away from the crowded and polluted city. A private and simple life just like my wife wanted. She is leaning on my chest and I locked her legs with mine. I tightened my hug just enough not to hurt her.

She tried to lift her thin forearm and reached for my face. I helped her by leaning forward for her to have an easy access. She caressed my jaw with days old stubble. Di alintanang napabayaan ko na ang sarili para sa taong minamahal.

"M-mahal kita, Rico. Mahal na m-mahal kita... alam mo ba? Na kung bibigyan ako... ng pagkakataong mabuhay ulit.. gusto kong ikaw ulit ang mamahalin ko..." ramdam ko ang bigat ng paghinga niya.

"I love you. I'll only ever love you, Rein. Please.." Fuck! I can't stop myself from crying. I know she should be getting support and her strength from me, but I don't think I am strong enough to face this. I can't live without her.

Please. Let her live. Let her be with me. I'll give up everything... everything that I have but her..

"I will always love you, my wife." I closed my eyes and let my tears fall while kissing her hair.

"I'm sorry.. if I have to leave you again... patawarin mo... ako.. Please, I want you... to take care.. of yourself.. and our son.. you must promise me R-Rico..." I shook my head trying to disagree. I'll beg. I beg Him to give her strength to fight. To fight with me. For our family.

"We will take care of him. He will take after you. Our son will be intelligent, kind, and loving just like you. Please baby..." God. I beg You, please. Please let her be with me. I will do everything to make her happy.