Happy then heartbroken

Evelyn's pov

Greyson has been laying down on my chest for the past half an hour trying to say his first words.

Vincent will be home any minute now so I hope he gets here in time. I left my phone in the kitchen and we're in the living room.

I feel like if I move from this position grey will cry and scream for disturbing him.

The door opens revealing a very tired Vincent. His hair is really messy. He looks so handsome.

"Da...da" grey says and I freeze. Vince stops what he's doing and looks over to grey.

"Did he just-" Vincent says and I cut him off.

"Yes he did"

I think I can feel tears threatening to fall.

I carried him for 9 months, went through all those disgusting cravings, pains, swollen feet, fat beach ball belly and went through hours of unbearable pain.

"I know love" Vincent says as he reads my face.

"Dada" grey says again and wobbles around. Vincent picks him up and grey snuggles into his neck.

They belong together.

"Dada" grey says tiredly. How the freak can a baby go from really hyper to tired in less then 3 minutes?

Vincent walks to his room and puts him down to bed and I go and grab my phone.

I notice a message from an unknown number. I press on it and I scream.

Scream and break down.

Vincent comes rushing in and cradles down to me on the floor and holds me.

"What's wrong" he says concerned and all I can do is cry.

Hayley is gone. She's dead.

My Hayley is dead. She's never coming back.

"S-she's gone!" I say.

"Who" vincent says as he takes the phone out of my hands.

He reads it and then frowns.

"I'm so sorry" he says and cuddles me to his chest.

Today is the worst day of my life.