Leave him alone

Vincent's pov

"I rightfully deserve to take Grey" jasmine says. My fists clenches.

"My son is spoiled and loved, he would never be in the hands as an abuser and neglecter like you are" i say harshly.

"What do you mean Mr. Hernandez" the worker Clair says.

"My wife Evelyn Hernandez, she was abused and neglected by her mom and dad" I say through gritted teeth.

"S-she's lying!" Jasmine yells.

"The scars and bruises prove otherwise" i say and clench my jaw.

"Do you happen to have any photos of her scars and bruises?" Clair says and I nod.

I took them so I can use them at a time like this but not for custody of my child.

I get out my phone and show her the pictures.

"Oh my gosh" she whispers under her breath.

"Can I see photos of grey" she says and I frown but show her some.

"There is no signs here of mistreatment Jasmine Hunter" clair says.

"I don't care I want custody of my nephew" she screams.

"I'm sorry ms. Hunter but I suggest you leave them alone from now on" clair says professionally.

I stand up and excuse myself from the waste of time and leave the two arguing.

I get in my car and ring Evelyn. I need to apologise.

"What" she says. Fuck. She sounds like she's been crying.

"I'm sorry" I say and I hope she forgives me.

"I accept your apology but don't let it happen next time vincent" she says and I nod but then I remember she can't see me.

"I promise" I say.

We talk more as I drive back home. I've decided I am done for the day.

I open the door and I can hear grey say 'dada!' Happily.

I smile as I set my keys down on the mini table and walk over to the kitchen.

Grey is in his high chair and Evelyn is swaying her hips as she hums to the song. Now this is a sight I can get used to seeing.