Never been better

"Yeah?" I replied looking suspicious.

"Mr Müller's operation was successful. He is okay. I just wanted to let you know" he stated

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Yes you may" the doctor replied.

I immediately pushed him out of the way and ran to Tom's room. When I got in I felt safe and relaxed. It was surprising how even being in the same room as him affected my feelings.

I sat next to the bed and held his hand. He looked so peaceful and sweet. He didn't seem angry anymore. He just seemed free.

His lips weren't completely shut. His hair was a mess and he had a scratch on his cheek.

I could stare at his relaxed face for days without getting tired or bored.

He slightly opened his eyes and looked at me. His face lightened the moment our eyes met. When he saw me he smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Hi" I said while my eyes started to water.

"Hey Mrs Müller" he smirked in a raspy voice.

"How do you feel?" I asked him

"Never been better" he joked.

"You're a mess" he chuckled while staring at me.

"Said the guy laying on a hospital bed with a hole in his chest" i chuckled while tears were sliding down my cheeks.

"I'm okay... look" he said and grunted as he tried to get up.

I quickly stopped him and layed him back down saying "oh chill out Michael Myers. The wound is still open" while laughing.