A purpose

You came to my life and added color to my canvas. You added the smile to my face that was missing. You created a new reality that no one can break into. You reached deep to the damaged parts of me and made them shine again like stars in the summer sky.

Sun started going down while my heart beat was rising. My thoughts would get louder as time passed. It was like a disease that would get worse every second. An actual, dangerous and deadly disease.

No doctors would come to tell me what is up with her. Which made me worry more about her health and recovery. Her body is not used to getting shot. I didn't know how her body would react to such shock.

Almost an hour later a nurse came towards me. I stood up immediately when I saw her looking at me.

"Mr Müller?" She asked

"Yes" I confirmed.

"Mrs Müller is fine. She was really lucky. The bullet was inches away from her great saphenous artery. She would lost a lot of blood in the bullet hit it. She could've died. But she overcame the danger and she is sleeping well right now." The nurse said smiling.

"So everything is fine?" I asked confused.

"Yes everything is fine mister. Also she didn't have any complications with the pregnancy. So there's no need to worry." She replied.

My mouth became dry and my brain stopped working as soon as I heard the word "pregnancy" coming from the young girl's mouth.

"The-" I opened my mouth to speak but no voice came out, only a whisper. I quickly cleaned my throat.

"Excuse me... she didn't have any complications with the what?" I asked with wide open eyes.

"The pregnancy sir." She said.

"Is she pregnant?" I asked her all confused in a loud tone.

"Yes sir. Mrs Müller is 1 month pregnant." The nurse confirmed calmly.

"Oh my God. I- I think I need to sit down" I said while looking for a chair next to me.

"You guys weren't aware?" She asked.

"N-No!" I said.

My heart was racing and my stomach was spinning because of the excitement.

"Oh... oh my goodness" I said quietly almost whispering.

"Congratulations Mr Müller. You will become a father!" She chuckled and walked away.

I was sitting there while the word father was echoing in my head. Something inside me changed. A purpose just revealed itself.