We'll meet again

*TOM'S POV*

Not my little brother. The only person I had in this world that stayed with me. Not my little brother that I raised and taught how to be strong. My brightest memories now are going to haunt me. I won't be able to think about my childhood anymore because you were my childhood. When we played hide n seek in the house. When we used to paint together. When we used to stand up for each other when one of us would fuck something up. When they used to bully you in school and I would end up suspended because I beated their ass.

I was never really there for him. He used to cry himself to sleep and I would just yell at him to shut up because he wouldn't let me sleep. He used to try to talk to me but I was always busy. He used to try to spend time with me but I changed after my mother's death. He changed too. But in his eyes you could still see the hope. After we were left alone in the world Lukas wasn't scared. He wasn't anxious or terrified of loneliness. Because he knew that I would protect him with my life. But I never felt that way. I never felt safe and comfortable. I always had to have an eye on everything. And that drained me.

It's too late now. If I could swap our places I would. But unfortunately we aren't in a movie.

Not my little brother. Why my little brother?
Why my little pride? You never said your last goodbye. You were gone before I knew it. You hold a special place in my heart that no one else can ever fill. My heart broke when you died but you didn't leave alone. A part of me came with you the moment your last exhale left your mouth.

Be careful as you fly up there my little butterfly. I promise you, one day we'll meet again. I don't know where, when or how. But I promise that one day we'll fly together. And this time I'll never leave you alone again.