𝗌 𝖾 𝗏 𝖾 𝗇 𝗍 𝖾 𝖾 𝗇

⍟ 𝟣𝟫𝟦𝟦, 𝗏𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 ⍟

        IT WAS A CAUSE FOR celebration when Thomas Haskett returned to London after missing a raid, reuniting with the Howling Commandos. Marta greeted him first, having been given a photograph of Thomas, Elizabeth and their son, Andrew. They decided to call him Andy for short.

With one evening spent in London before traveling to Russia, everyone got an early start on sleeping, except for Steve and Marta. They sat once again in Howard's lab, Marta building a set of bombs with a concentrated look on her face. "You're doing it again?" Steve said, sitting across from Marta and handing her tools and materials.

"Doing what?" Marta questioned, eyes never leaving the magnetic feature she was attaching to a bomb.

Steve smiled, leaning forward to gently tap the skin under Marta's lip where her tongue had poked out in the midst of her focus. "The tongue thing. You always do it." He said, removing his finger from Marta's face.

Marta looked up from her device, safety goggles on her face. "You noticed that?" She asked.

"I notice everything about you. You're my girlfriend, and my best friend, all in one neat package." Steve said, making Marta chuckle, a smile on her tired face.

She pulled her goggles off, moving as close as she could to Steve with only the table seperating them. Marta's chin was resting on her hand as she gazed into his eyes, picking up on all of his little quirks that she had memorized since childhood. "You're doing it again." Marta said.

"Doing what?" Steve toyed as 𝗍he𝗒 mimiced their conversation from moments ago.

"You're looking down so you won't blush and embarrass yourself like you always do when I look at you." Marta said, sending a wink to Steve, which made him blush, proving her point.

Steve smiled to himself. "You notice all that?" He asked. They were the only two in the world. Their missions, their jobs, everyone they knew had escaped them as they stared into the other's blue eyes.

Marta nodded, a tuft of her blonde hair falling from her messy bun to her face. Steve quickly tucked it behind her ear. "Of course I do. I love you. And by the way, I think it's adorable when you blush for me."

That night ended in Steve's bed, Marta's face tucked into the crook of Steve's neck as he held her tightly, stroking her hair. Marta's hand moved along the side of Steve's face, her fingers occasionally reaching up into his hair, messing it up in the way that she liked.

The following morning, Marta and Thomas flew the Commandos to Russia, having a simple conversation between them. They spoke of how Thomas planned to marry Elizabeth when the war was over, and how Marta and Steve were doing.

Marta loved her relationship with Steve. It had been a long time coming, and neither were in a rush to progress things too quickly. At least, Marta thought Steve shared this feeling with her.

"Brace for landing, team." Marta called to the Howling Commandos, landing the aircraft on Russian ground, miles outside of the base they were raiding.

Everyone grabbed their materials, Marta attaching her rifle to her back and strapping her utlity belt on, filled with different kinds of explosives of her own making. Dum Dum stepped out into the wide open Russian plains. "Could have landed us a little closer, Lieutenant." He said, teasing.

"Or I could've shot you like Hydra would've if we brought a loud aircraft right over their base." Marta said bluntly, walking past the men and leading them towards the base with Bucky at her side.