𝗍 𝗁 𝗂 𝗋 𝗍 𝗒 - 𝗍 𝗐 𝗈

༅ 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟦, 𝗐𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗍𝗈𝗇 𝖽.𝖼. ༅

TONY AND BRUCE HAD MANAGED to create a device that didn't allow Hydra to control Marta any longer. It was just a prototype, but it worked. The dampener was small, and it attached to Marta's temple, hidden by her hairline. It had taken an entire month to develop, and Marta had decided to remain sedated and restrained for the entire time, only waking up every couple of days. It was safer that way, she believed, and Steve was in no position to argue with her.

She had healed from Natasha's attacks easily, but she held the weight of her crimes in her mind, and Steve was afraid it would consume her whole. He spent every day by her bedside when he wasn't aiding in the search for Hydra and preparation for the upcoming raids of their bases, and Marta appreciated him more than he knew.

"Are you sure about this, Steve? If I'm wanted by the government, this might not be the best place to go." Marta said, walking beside Steve. They were in Washington because Steve thought showing Marta their exhibit at the Smithsonian would help her feel better.

"You'll be fine." Steve glanced over at Marta through his fake glasses, pushing her baseball cap further onto her head.

Marta rolled her eyes, walking closely to Steve's side as they arrived at the Captain America and Ghost exhibit. Her jaw practically dropped at the sheer amount of artifacts of her life displayed in the exhibit. There were photographs, letters, documentary footage and more on display, all dedicated to Steve and Marta. "Symbols to the nation. Heroes to the world. The story of Captain America and Ghost is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice." a voice spoke over the announcement system, startling Marta.

Steve kept a gentle grip on the small of her back, guiding her around the museum. The pair walked towards a section all about Steve. Marta chuckled quietly when she saw a photo of Steve from before they were given the serum. "I forgot how little you were." Marta smiled.

Steve rolled his eyes. "Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers, alongside his best friend who would later become his fiancé, was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first male super soldier." the announcer spoke, and Steve and Marta found themselves in front of a large picture of her.

She was wearing her old Aeronautical Division uniform, her face stoic. "Was that your first day in flight training?" Steve asked, able to tell that Marta was freshly eighteen in that photo.

Marta nodded. It had been a long time since she saw herself for who she used to be. "Marta Barnes was not only the world's first female super soldier, but history's first female pilot. As a Lieutenant in the Aeronautical Division, Marta's work laid the tracks for the United StatesAir Force to develop. She transformed warfare, in a time period where nobody wanted to see a woman succeed at anything." Marta smiled at the announcer's description of her. There was a quote near her picture, a phrase she had said to Howard after Bucky and Thomas died. A win at the expense of comrades, and friends, and innocent people isn't a win at all.

Steve and Marta moved to a display of Steve's motorcycle and one of Marta's fighter jets. There was documentary film playing of a mission that Steve and Marta had led. "In this rare footage, everyone's favorite war heroes, Captain America and Ghost..." it was surprising to Marta that she was put on the same level as Steve in history, because her experience as a woman in uniform contradicted her exposure.

The pair found themselves in front of different manequins displaying the Howling Commandos's original uniforms (Marta's was a copy) with a picture of them behind it. Steve was shown in the center, Bucky and Marta on his either side with Thomas beside Marta. The blonde frowned at seeing her old uniform. "Battle tested, Captain America, Ghost and their Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission, taking down HYDRA, the Nazi rogue science division."