one

It's All Futile! It's All Pointless! by LoveJoy

07/18/20

A few weeks have passed since the funeral. I am currently nursing a hangover in a random person's bed. Needless to say you can guess where my mental state is at the moment.

"Ah, you're awake. I mean no rush, but i have to leave in like, five minutes. I'm gonna pay for your uber and send you home. I promise I'm not this much of a dickhead, I'm just in a rush." He spoke quickly, ruffling his shirt as he looked over himself in the mirror. I nodded and stepped out of the bed.

The room looked nice and luckily I was wearing a long shirt to cover some of my exposed body. I found my jeans across the room and walked towards them. I slipped them on before he started rushing me again.

He sounded genuinely rushed and i wasn't ever gonna see him again, so i just let him rush me. That being said, all i got were my pants before he asked for my address to send me home. I just followed as he walked as i literally didn't know who he was or where I even was.

"187 Willow Drive, Portslade." I said quickly, slipping on my flats from the previous night. Most of it was a blur but a few things stood out very prominently. We wont talk about those though.

"That's literally not a house, love." He said before sighing. "It's fine, give me your number and text me whenever you arrive home safely please."

"You want me to just casually give a random one night stand my number?" I asked, dumbfounded by this man.

"I'm not a dick, I would drive you home if I could but I really cannot. Therefore, number please." He spoke, jumping around to slip on his shoes.

"Fine." I said, giving him my number. We walked out of the house and he sent me a screenshot of what time the uber should arrive. As the uber pulled up, I stepped inside.

"For Davis?" She asked, looking back at me. I nodded with a small smile. He remembers more than i expected from last night.

"Yeah, Davis." I said with a small smile. I felt guilty for not having a mask, though she hadn't seemed to mind. She hadn't been wearing one either.

"So, that curly lad your boyfriend?" She spoke through the silence, trying to make conversation. I laughed softly, staring out the window.

"No, just a one night stand i think." I pondered, thinking where I remembered him from. He looked familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"He seems to care for just a one night stand." The lady pointed out.

"Yeah," I laughed, "I realized that too. He said he wasn't an asshole, just in a rush."

"That's fair, time crunches happen." She said, ending that conversation topic. I sat quietly in the back seat until we spoke again. The conversation was minimal, but I made sure to text him to leave a great review for her when he got the chance.

I spent the rest of my day cleaning the house from top to bottom. Steph was at work, so there was why I was cleaning it top to bottom myself. Steph has hard days at work, so I pick up where I can and when I can.

I heard my phone ping, lowering the music playing throughout the room from the bluetooth speaker. I finished the dishes before walking over to where the phone idly sat.

New Message from nice guy who...

nice guy who sent me home in an uber 😎💪

hey! make sure you rate the uber 5 stars when you can 😎
thank you btw for sending me home and paying for it. tell me how much it is and i'll pay you back
also im home, big gains

thank you for messaging me when you got home
sorry for the late response, davis
where did you end up going anyway?

to my roommates work
we share a car and she had it
i picked it up since she's working a double and i work this evening until morning when she gets off
anyway not important

very important actually
i appreciate the information
how come you don't have a car of your own?

i kinda just ran away from home asap

ah fair
soooo can I know you're actual name?

you know my last name, that's enough right?

i guess that's fair

i don't know yours tho
so you can always tell me yours

Gold

your name is Gold?

nope it's my last name davis :)

i guess that's fair lmao

i gotta go but i'm not letting you pay whatsoever and i'm glad you got home safely
have a good rest of your day davis :))

I closed my phone and sighed, knowing I had to work soon and not wanting to go. The job is rather draining, but money is money.

I wasn't normally scheduled overnight shifts, but they pay better so when it was offered i took it. I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling until i knew I had to get up to leave.

God i fucking hate this job.

Half of me wants to quit, but the pay is alright.

Gold

dude
i hate this job
tell me to quit

quit your job then
do something you wanna do

idk what i wanna do
kinda just like
ran out yk?
plus
it pays bills

Gold sent you £500

DUDE WTF
NO DONT YOU DARE
TAKE IT BACK
HOW DO YOU EVEN HAVE THAT
THATS NOT IMPORTANT AND RUDE ACTUALLY
NVM
BUT
LIKW
NO
TAKW IT BACK

Gold is not able to receive apply pay

YOU TURNED IT OFF?!
MR GOLD

tale the money
you need it more than i
what you do with it idrc
just use it

shut up
i cant just accept it

well i wont accept it back

im crying
i hope you know that
i have to go into work
all red faced
bc
you
made me cry
YOU DID

yeah yeah
take the money
sit through your miserable job
gas and breakfast are on me
goodnight, love

goodnight <3