fourteen

The Moment I Knew by Taylor Swift

03/14/21

"My favorite twenty three year old!" Stephanie screamed as she ran into my room. I laughed as she jumped on my bed. It was literally one in the morning and Will was knocked out on the phone, but it's fine. "Happy fucking birthday!"

"Thank you, Steph." I laughed, hugging her tightly as she laid on me. "Now get out, Will's asleep."

"Will's not asleep anymore." I heard him mumble over the phone. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." I said with a smile and a laugh.

"I'm sleeping in here. You can't fight me on it dude, my blankey and pillow are on the floor waiting to be brought onto the bed."

"Your blankey?" Will asked with a smile.

"Shut up, Bill." She said making him laugh with exhaustion lacing his voice.

"Im going back to sleep, goodnight guys." He said and was out no more than five minutes later. I made sure to mute myself so Steph wouldn't wake him up again.

We both went to sleep and woke up late into the afternoon. I walked into the kitchen, looking around at the Christmas decor we have yet to take down because it's kept me from getting too overly depressed.

I heard a knock on my door and yawned as I walked toward it. I opened it and Will stood there with a smile on his face, wide and graceful.

"Happy birthday, love." He said, stepping inside and hugging me. The hug was short, but I knew why. Jeremiah didn't like anything Will did with me, so he backed off some.

"Thank you! One week for you." I said with a smile. He chuckled softly and nodded. He stepped out of his shoes and shook off his jacket as he walked into the kitchen.

"We have to get ready!" Stephanie said, running into the kitchen and grabbing my hand before dragging me back to my room.

"What?!" I yelled, stumbling over my own feet as she ran. She shut my door and started throwing clothes at me. We settled on a nice but still simple black dress and I put my sunglasses on to take a picture, because why not?

harm.98

liked by wilbursoot, steph

liked by wilbursoot, steph.head, m9tteo.d9vis, and 237 others
harm.98 happy birthday to me. 23 and still nothing has changed lmao

wilbursoot happy birthday love <3
harm.98 seven days and i get to post you mf <3

steph.head YEHA BABY LETS PARTAY
harm.98 ok party girl lets not :P
steph.head awe :(

"The life of the party has arrived!" I heard Tyson scream from my kitchen.

"Yeah we did!" Matteo yelled.

"You guys are gonna get, Harmony, kicked out." Luke laughed.

"Probably." Will laughed.

"My favorite brothers!" I yelled, running into the kitchen.

"Fuck yeah! My favorite sister!" Matteo said with a wide smile. He was the first to hug me and spin me around.

"So, when we we meet this Jeremiah figure?" Tyson asked, looking and acting like he was bored already.

"He has interviews for jobs today, so i'm not actually sure." I said with a shrug.

"You don't even know if he's showing to your birthday?" Luke asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"He better show, i'll beat his ass." Matteo commented.

"He'll be here." Will said, a worrisome smile on his face.

Hours passed and there was no sight of him. No message, no showing up, nothing. Jeremiah was awol.

I pulled Will aside and looked at him with a worried face.

"He's not showing is he?" I asked, voice soft and broken.

He promised he'd be here, he promised he'd come over to meet my brothers.

"He'll be here." Will said again, but he didn't believe it. I don't believe it either. Instead of saying anything, I just nodded and walked back to the fun. I wasn't really having fun anymore though.

"Cake time!" Steph sang. We all gathered around the table and Will kept his hand on my leg the entire time everyone sang to me. A few tears slipped down, but I blew out the candles with a wish.

I wanna be happy again.

Tear after tear fell as smoke formed and rose to the ceiling, dissipating into the air like I wish I could right now. I excused myself and walked to my room.

"Harmony." Will said, walking into my room.

"You said he'd be here." I sobbed. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I know, I know. I thought he would be. I thought- it doesn't matter what I thought. What matters is you being happy on your birthday, okay? So we have our moment, we take a minute and you can break and you can cry. But we fix your makeup after and we don't let him see that he got the best of you. You deserve better but I know you know that and today is not about Jeremiah. It's about Harmony Davis turning twenty three and being such an amazing human being."

And that was the moment I knew