twenty-four

To Be So Lonely by Harry Styles

07/11/21

Will's POV

After we went to eat, we all decided on going to the pier. We just walked around some until Izzy looked at me with a grin on her face. I already knew what she was gonna say.

"I want a milkshake." Izzy said. Called it. I laughed and lead the way to my favorite girl. We waiting in line for a bit but once it was our turn, she smiled happily at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hi, how may I help you?" Harmony giggled out, looking at us with a smile. I leaned against the counter and just stared at her with a smile. Nobody was behind us, thank god.

"I'll take my normal. Everyone else can go ahead and order." I responded. She nodded her head and looked at everyone else.

"Can I have a chocolate and vanilla mixed shake?" Izzy asked, Caroline getting the same.

"Can I have a chocolate milkshake?" Tubbo asked. Harmony nodded, grabbing another cup and setting it in a line.

"I want a cotton candy milkshake." Tommy said and I knew Harmony was gonna fuck with him.

"So two mixed, one cotton candy, and one chocolate?"

"What about Will's?" Tubbo asked, cocking his head in confusion. Guess it won't be a surprise today.

"Oh shit, a pistachio milkshake as well." Harmony said, eyeing me for my reaction.

"That's your normal?! You're fuckin gross, mate." Tommy said with disgust written on his face.

"Not too bad." I shrugged. I had no fucking idea, I'd never had it before.

"I fucking love this." Tubbo said, tilting his head back as to not spill the milkshake.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Caroline laughed. They all started walking off and I pulled out my wallet to pay.

"You gonna take a sip?" Harmony asked me, putting the cash I handed her into the register and giving me my change.

"Yeah, yeah. Here's your tip." I said, handing her about fifty pounds in cash.

"Shut up, I can't take this."

"Harm, it's a tip from a very valuable paying customer." I joked. She grabbed the money and put it in her apron. She pointed at the drink and gave me a look. "That's half your payment for this week by the way."

"Shut up and try your milkshake." She laughed, leaning on the counter in front of me. I lifted the drink to my mouth and took a sip out of the straw.

"It's not bad." I said with a shrug.

"Good. Now, there's people coming my way. Meet me after?" She asked. I nodded and kissed her cheek before running to catch up with the others.

"Alright, sorry about that." I laughed.

"Do you know her?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah, I go there often." I said with a laugh. It wasn't a lie, I'm there every time she's on shift. It's just not how I know her.

"She's very pretty." Caroline said with a smile.

"She is, she is." I nodded, smiling back.

After a few hours of walking around, I noticed the time and separated from the group in silence. I walked back to the closing ice cream shop and leaned on the doorframe. Harmony ran over to me and hugged me immediately.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, hugging her back.

"Jeremiah showed up." She whispered, "He made a scene in front of everyone."

"I'm sorry that happened, Love." I whispered back, holding her against me. "The arcade is still open if you wanted to go?"

"Yes please." She said, pulling away and smiling at me. She grabbed my hand and we walked to the arcade. The minute we got there she ran to a claw machine and started asking me to get her a stuffed animal.

I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her to reach the controls. "I want that one." She said, pointing to a stuffed animal. I played it six times before finally winning it.

"Thank you." She said, turning my head and kissing my cheek. I smiled and moved away to get her prize. I handed it to her and she smiled before someone walked up to us.

"I hope you don't mind, but you guys looked so cute so I took a picture." The girl said with a smile and showing us.

"Can you send that to me?" Harmony asked, pulling her phone out and turning her airdrop on. The girl sent the picture to her and Harmony thanked her.

"Ready to go?" I asked after we walked around for a few minutes. She was yawning and I knew she was tired.

"Yeah, you still coming over tonight?" She asked. I nodded and walked her to her car. Steph dropped her off on her break and is now picking her back up. That's at least what Harmony told me earlier.

"Bill!" Steph yelled as she got out of the car.

"Steep!" I yelled back. She walked over and hugged me with a smile. I patted her head and she flipped me off after pulling back.

"Ready to go home?" Stephanie asked Harm. Harmony nodded and walked to the passenger side.

"I'll be over in a little bit." I laughed, waving them off. Time to go find my damn kids.

I walked to the spot I knew Tommy and Izzy always went to.

"Hey! We're about to head out, you guys ready?" I yelled. Izzy and Tommy turned to look at me. Izzy smiled and nodded while Tommy narrowed his eyes at me.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"Out, explain another time. Where's the other two adopted children?" I asked.

"Round the corner on the rocks." Izzy said. I nodded and walked back down the pier to the others.

When I saw them, they were swaying back and forth together and I smiled. I let them have their moment before yelling to them. "C'mon kids! I gotta go!"

They both looked at me for a minute before Tubbo grabbed his phone and Caroline's hand. They walked up to me and we all got to the car. I dropped them off, told them the rules, and went to Harmony's.

The drive to her apartment was short but the walk up felt long and drawn out. I always refused to take the elevator, opting for something more stimulating to my brain.

I pulled the keys from my pocket once I reached her floor. I slid the key into the knob as I reached her door and the lock clicked once unlocked. I opened the door and walked inside, making sure to lock it behind me.

"It's just me!" I yelled, making sure they didn't think I was a robber.

"I'm in my room!" Harmony yelled. I slipped off my shoes and walked back to her room. I closed the bedroom door after walking in and laid on my side of the bed with a sigh.

"Tommy's suspicious." I said, throwing my arm over my eyes.

"So tell him." She stated simply.

"Tell him what? That you're the girl ive been staying with but we're just friends? He won't buy it." I laughed.

"It's the truth, Will." She laughed.

"Yeah, i know." I whispered.

I just wish it wasn't.