thirteen

Bad Blood by Taylor Swift

02/11/21

I walked into Jeremiah's apartment. I expected us to go on a date seeing as it was date night, but instead he was sitting on the couch rummaging through a box of my stuff. The box of my dad's stuff.

"What the fuck is this?!" I screamed, storming over to him trying to get my stuff. He held it out of my reach which made me even fucking angrier.

"This your stuff of your ex?!" He asked, throwing a photograph on the ground. It broke on impact and so did my heart.

"No it's-"

"What?! You and fucking Will?!"

another smash to the floor

another break in my heart

"No! You're being fucking ridiculous! Stop breaking my shit, Jeremiah!"

"Then who is it?!" He screamed, breaking another object.

"Me and my dad who fucking died! Give me my fucking shit, you bloody wanker!" I screamed.

"You're lying! You would have told me if your dad died!"

another smash. I picked up the broken pieces and the box on the table. He smashed what was in his hand and I picked that up too. I just walked out without saying a word.

I drove to Will's, the only place I could think to go. I walked to the door, box in hand. My chest was heaving and the tears were streaming.

"Harmony? Are you okay? Come inside, darling." One of his flat mates said, rushing me inside.

"Will! Will come down here!" Another one said as soon as he saw me.

"What? What? Is everything okay? Did Izzy show up? What- What did he do?" Will panicked, cutting himself off when he saw me. His voice was both soft and angry at the same time.

"He broke my dad's stuff." I said, walking to him and breaking. "He thought- he thought it was me and my ex or-or me and you and just fucking broke it."

"Alright, alright. Let's go to my room and we'll figure it out, okay?" He said, pulling my body into his and holding me. We walked down the hall to his room slowly and he closed the door once we entered. He sat on the bed with me and took out everything that wasn't broken.

"Hey, it's just picture frames. I'll fix them and get new glassware for it all. Easy fix, love." He said to me, wrapping an arm around me.

"I want Tyson." I sobbed, turning my head so it was in his shoulder.

"Okay love, I'll get him for you, okay? Why don't you lay down and I'll take care of it." He said softly, running a hand through my hair. I nodded and after a few moments, I laid down on the bed.

He grabbed my phone and walked into the hallway. I heard him explaining everything but it was too muffled to make-out properly.

"Hey, Tyson is driving down now. He's letting Matteo and Luke know but he said he has it covered and for them not to make the trip. Why don't you take a nap while you wait for him. I'll work on fixing the frames and sending one of the boys to go get some glass for it, yeah?" He spoke softly, sitting next to me on his bed. I nodded, just letting the tears fall.

I tried to go to sleep, but once I realized I couldn't, I just turned to face the wall. I stared at the wall for hours, just trying to forget my dads stuff was broken.

The picture frame Matteo got me for my birthday last year.

The picture frame my dad helped me make for my wood shop class that was a requirement.

The picture frame my mom gave to me when he passed away because it was his favorite of me and him.

The picture frame of him and my mom that he always had hung proudly on the wall in the middle of the room.

My dad loved my mom so fucking deeply. They had that forever love. He was never embarrassed of her, always letting her be her whenever and wherever.

I could see the light in her eyes drain whenever he died. It was like apart of her died with him.

That's how it was with all of us. He loved all of us so fucking much and he never let it die out. We never doubted his love for us and that's something i'll always remember about him.

"She's not asleep." Will said as the door opened and closed.

"You weren't supposed to know that." I whispered, sitting up and looking at Tyson.

"I'll kill him." He said, sitting next to me on the bed.

"He said that dad wasn't dead. Like sir, I think I'd remember one of the worst times of my life?" I joked, wiping my tears off of my face.

My phone rang in the middle of a silent moment and I looked at the caller ID. Jeremiah. I let it ring and put it back down. The phone rang again and Tyson answered it.

"You ever contact this number again, and I will personally beat your fucking ass." Tyson spat before hanging up the phone. The phone didn't ring again.

"Well, that solved that problem." Tyson laughed.

"Didn't solve a lot of the others though." Will said with a sigh.

"Did you breakup with him?"

"No, I just walked out." I said with a shrug.

"You need-"

"She'll do whatever she see's best, Ty." Will said, concentrating on the frame. "You can't make the decision for her as much as you want to."

"Yeah, but-"

"I get it. But from experience it makes it worse if you try and make the decision for them." Will said. They were talking as if I wasn't here.

"I'm right here you know." I deadpanned.

"Trust me, I know you are, love. Couldn't miss you in an entire crowd of people." Will said.

How does he always give me chills?