twelve

New Year's Day by Taylor Swift

01/01/21

Will's POV

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. This couch was the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on when you're literally six foot and your legs hang off the edge, but whatever makes her boyfriend comfortable.

Last night was definitely something else. There were bottles and cups littering the apartment floor. The Christmas lights were hanging down further than they were the night before meaning they got knocked out of place.

I heard Harmony's bedroom door open and close and Jeremiah walk out of it. He glared at me as he walked into the living room but without a second glance, he left the apartment.

What the fuck?

I really hope he doesn't fuck up Harmony Davis because I swear to god I'll rip him a new one.

I got up and cleaned up the spot i slept on before cleaning the house. I picked up the bottles and cups and streamers and random horns and threw it into trash bags. I cleaned up the counters filled with left out food and drinks and a mix of alcohol bottles both left open and unopened. I swept the floor of the dirt before mopping it as well. I restrung the Christmas lights and made sure the tree looked just as it did before the party.

I heard the door open while I was rehanging the lights around the house. I couldn't tell whether it was Stephanie's room or Harmony's, but I just continued fixing the lights.

"Well, this isn't what I was expecting to wake up to." Stephanie said as she shuffled out here. "You didn't have to do this, Will."

"He left already and she's not even awake." I said, continuing to focus on the lights.

"Jeremiah did?" Steph asked, sitting down on the sofa.

"Yeah." I scoffed. "He glared at me and then left. He didn't clean anything, he didn't say anything, he shut both doors so quietly as to not wake anyone too. He knew what he was doing and he just-"

"He left." Harmony finished, walking into the room. I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. She wore my hoodie and sweats. She looked small and defeated.

Her eyes met mine and I could see the exhaustion deep within them.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Steph asked, patting the seat next to her.

"Let me finish the lights and i'll join." I said, hanging the last bit of lights.

"Did you clean the whole house?" Harmony asked, sitting next to Stephanie. I nodded before stepping off the chair and putting it back. I sat next to them and sighed. The movie started and halfway through i got a few messages.

Tommy :)

hey!
can we come over on Thursday???
???

like next week?

yes!
iz gets out of school on thursday
and jack and george wanted ti do a video?
idfk mate
anyway
yes?

yeah tom thats fine
i just have to make sure its fine with everyone else

thank you!

of course :)

I closed my phone with a smile, setting it face up on the table.

"Who was Mr. Gold messaging?" Stephanie asked, pausing the movie.

"My nieces soon to be boyfriend." I laughed.

"When will they get together? You've been saying that for a month now." Harmony laughed.

"Sometime soon I hope, Jesus."  I laughed back, "They're so like, sick in love dude."

"I can imagine. Childhood best friends? Literally the definition of fated to fall in love." Stephanie laughed.

"I believe in love at first sight." Harmony said, a soft smile on her face.

"Yeah, Jeremiah's nice to look at I guess." I said with a joking shrug.

"It's not with Jeremiah." Stephanie commented. I raised an eyebrow at the comment but Harmony shot it down in an instant.

"I believe in right person wrong timing. Painful trope, but a real one." I said after a few moments of silence.

"Have you experienced it?" Harmony asked me, looking at me. She looked at me with such an intense look it was hard for me to contain a filter.

"Yeah, yeah I have." I whispered, turning my head before I got too lost in her eyes.

"Have you found the right time yet?" Harmony asked me.

"No, no not yet." I replied.

"Well have you guys talked about it?" Harmony asked again.

"She doesn't know of my feelings, Harm." I said with a laugh to cover my heart cracking.

"I think you should tell her. When exactly is there a right time anyway?" Stephanie asked, giving me the look she always has when we talk about my feelings for Harmony.

"Well if there is one, it's certainly not now." I said with a laugh, giving her a look back.

"I think you should do whatever makes you happy, Will." Harmony said with a smile. I smiled back at her and Stephanie unpaused the movie.

She makes me happy. As long as she's happy that's all that truly matters.