fifty

To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra and Patrick Watson

05/02/22

Caroline <3

i need help
me and toby are in a spat?
i think?
i just need advice
and izzy's like
idk
i just dont wanna bother her

hey, youre good
wanna call?

yes pls

Caroline <3 wants to FaceTime...

I answered the call with Will's blankets wrapped around me. He was at band practice so I was alone in his home since Izzy was at Tom's apartment.

The video connected and it was obvious she'd been crying for a while. Her eyes were red, hood of her sweater up, cheeks pink.

"What's going on?" I asked after letting her have a moment.

"I just- We've been like having arguments about the distance and everything recently. It sucks because of our time zone differences and shit. Everyone else has their person in the same timezone at least and I'm better off than Asterin, it's just hard." She cried.

"I can't fully understand, because you're right, but I know the pain of not being able to have someone physically close."

"I just feel like we won't make it through. We've been arguing more and more and it's been like ten months and I want to make it work so badly." She said, her voice cracking at the end. "And now he's calling me."

"Add him. We call all talk together."

"No, i can't put that on you."

"Honey, it's okay." I said gently. With a few clicks on her computer, she added the boy to the call and I saw his face light up and drop in an instant.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, immediately sitting up in his bed and getting situated. "Harm, is she okay?"

there was silence on the other end before Toby muted himself, looked up, and unmuted. "Ive gotta go, can we sort it out later?"

"Yeah, yeah." Caroline said. Tubbo left the call and I sighed.

"Alright, so that didn't go well."

"Nope, that's how it usually goes." She smiled sadly and wiped her face. "I'm so tired of it feeling like a one-sided fight for this relationship."

"Have you tried talking it out?"

"That's always how it goes, Harm. He just leaves the call. I just want to feel him fight for us, just once."

"I know. Maybe he's fighting for it in ways you can't see?"

"Like what? He buys so much and I understand its how he shows his love, but theres more than just money, you know?"

"I know."

"Anyway, I have to go to work. I'll talk to you later. Thank you." She whispered before leaving the call. I sighed, clicking my phone off. I immediately sat up and slipped on my shoes before speeding down the stairs and grabbing my keys on the hook by the door. I sped to the recording studio where Will was at and let myself in.

"Hey, I was just finishing up. Are you okay?" He asked just before I hugged him. "What's up? Not that I don't love this surprise, but what's going on?"

"I just love you. I love you so much and I'm so happy you're still around and here and loving me."

"I love you too, sweeheart."