forty-six

Love You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez

03/17/22

Will's POV

I pulled into the driveway and sat there for a moment to gather my breathing. No matter how many times i do it, I always get nervous before our dates.

After a moment though, I got out of the car and walked to the front door. Before I could even utter a knock, the door flew open and Harmony looked at me with bright eyes. I sighed, noticing she had no jacket. I shrugged mine off and wrapped it around her shoulders, it also giving me an additional way to pull her in. So that's exactly what I did, pulled her in and collided our lips gently.

"You're such a gentleman." She laughed after we pulled back. She grabbed my hand and we walked to the car. I opened the door for her before walking around to the drivers side. We drove around aimlessly until Harmony picked a restaurant at random. We walked inside and got seated right away, which is unusual for Brighton.

"What can I get you both today?" The waiter asked, looking Harmony up and down as soon as he saw her.

"A water for me." I said with a soft smile.

"And for you, m'lady?" The waiter asked. Could he be anymore obvious?

"A water and a glass of rosé." Harmony said, smiling at the man before looking back down at her menu.

"Alright, let me know when you want to order." He said, not even sparing a glance my way.

"What were you thinking?" Harmony asked, looking up at me with a smile. I smiled back and shook my head softly before looking back down at my menu.

"Not sure yet."

"I want the Chicken Parm." She said thoughtfully.

"What, tired of chicken alfredo?" I joked.

"Never! I just only like yours and my dads, but well he's dead." She said with a shrug.

"Harm!" I said with a laugh.

"What! It's true." She reasoned with a laugh.

"Then i'll get the baked ziti." I laughed, closing my menu.

"If you take mins, I kill you." She said, glaring at me. I could tell by the light in her eyes that it was a joke and I smiled.

"I know, you need to read it off the menu." I said back.

"Here is your water and rosé." He said, setring her glasses down in fromt of her before setring mine in front of me, no words or glanced thrown my way. He just really didn't want me here huh? "Are you ready to order?"

"Yes, I'll have the baked ziti." I said, pushing my menu to the edge of the table.

"I'll have the chicken parmigiana, please." She said, closing her menu and setting it atop mine. She didn't spare the waiter a glance before smiling at me. "So, how was your day? Did you get a lot of songs written?"

"Not really. We did practice a bunch tho."

"Oh good! How's the tour planning coming along?"

"Oh, great! They think we're gonna be sold out."

"That's bloody amazing!"

"I know! Just a year ago it was only my fanbase listening and now people know me as Will from Lovejoy rather than Will from the DreamSMP." I laughed. She looked so genuinely interested and proud of me, and I relished in the feeling it flowered. "What about you? How's your classes going?"

"As well as they can be going, I guess." She shrugged. We continued on talking until our food came out. The rest of the evening was spent with winks and flirtations sent Harmony's way by this obnoxious waiter. He really couldn't take the hint.

The end of the night came quicker than I had wanted, but it was a fun night nonetheless. The checks came out and there were two of them. I could put two and two together, I wasn't dumb.

I sighed and grabbed both checks, putting them in the same tin and putting my card in.

"Why were there two checks?" Harmony asked me. I shrugged with a smile before the waiter came back and took the both wordlessly. Once he came back, there was a note written on Harmony's check.

xxx-xxx-xxxx <3
if the date didn't go well here's my number ;)

"Why is there a number on my check?" Harmony asked, head cocked as she read the note.

"Don't worry about it, darling. Let's go get some ice cream and head back to mine." I said, standing up and offering a hand. She grabbed it with pride and we walked out to my car.