twenty-one

Oh Yeah, You Gonna Cry? by Lovejoy

07/01/21

Will's POV

"Why are you here?" Jeremiah asked as I walked in the door. I'm really starting to get tired of his attitude towards me.

"Because I quite like your girlfriend." I said, closing the door behind me and taking off my shoes.

"Fuck off, mate." Jeremiah said with an eye roll.

"Take your own advice, mate." I responded.

"Jer, is Will here?!" Harmony yelled from her room.

"I'm here, Harm!" I yelled.

"Can you not be here?" Jeremiah asked.

"You need to calm down." I laughed, setting my keys on the counter where I always did.

"Will!" Stephanie yelled, running out and jumping on my back.

"Jesus!" I laughed as I stumbled back. It was quite late in the afternoon now but I was not ready to deal with Jeremiah without Stephanie's sassy ass.

"Will!" Harmony yelled, running our and jumping on my front.

"I did not expect this when I was invited over today." I laughed, holding both of them up with one hand to each. She invited me over to help with tonight's dinner yesterday. I didn't expect Jeremiah to be here but I assume he just stayed longer than Harmony first inquired.

"Yeah, neither did i." Jeremiah said.

"Cheer up, mate. C'mon now, be nice." I said, winking at him.

"Steph! Help me make my bed really quick!" Harmony yelled, jumping off of me and dragging her off of me and back to her room.

"Why do you fuck with Harmony when I'm right here?" He asked through a clenched jaw.

"She's my best friend, Jeremiah. I only tolerate you because of that fact." I said in a warning tone. It was clearly a sign for him to shut the fuck up, but he's not one for listening.

"You know, she told me that she fucking hates you?"

"I'm sure she did." I laughed, "And yet we actually talk about all the dumb shit you do. Pair that with me and Stephanie talking about how in god's name she ended up with you of all people. You devote more energy into absolutely hating me than you do in your relationship, Jeremiah. Pick your priorities, because I don't swing that way for you."

"What the fuck?!" He seethed. Listen, how long was I expected to play the good boy act? First of all he's about to have some songs written about him second of all, seven plus months of him purely hating me? Yeah, Ive out up with it far too much.

"Does she still say my name in her sleep?" I asked, leaning back against the counter. I grinned down as I scuffed my shoes against the tile.

"What? What are you even going on about?"

"Oh, guess that's just when she's with me." I said with a laugh.

"She's never said your name before." He growled out. "She doesn't even sleep talk."

"She does, actually. She talks so much in her sleep you could have a whole conversation with her and she won't remember any of it because she doesn't remembers her dreams unless it's her nightmares or they have her parents in it. I thought you knew her better than me?" I said, a grin staying on my face.

"I do!" He yelled.

"Of course you do." I said sarcastically, pulling my phone from my pocket.

"I fucking do!" He yelled.