forty-eight

I Remember Everything by Zach Bryan and Kacey Musgraves

04/15/22

"I'm here for our anniversary dinner!" Will yelled as he walked through the front door. I ran to the front door and jumped on him with a wide smile. "Well, hello there."

"Hi!" I responded with excitement, "It feels like I havent seen you in years."

"Love, it's been a week." He laughed. He swt me down on the counter and i playfully glared at him.

"So you're saying you didn't miss me?" I said, immediately changing my glare to a fake pout.

"Oh my god." He laughed.

"You didn't deny it!" I yelled, my jaw dropping.

"Of course i missed you, sweetheart." He said, planting a kiss on my head as he caged me in with his arms around me.

"Ooo, new pet name." I joked, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Hush up." He laughed. The sound rang through my ears as a melody i could listen to forever. "Im cooking burgers."

"Okay." I said with a smile. He kissed my hair and let me go. He set his phone faced up next to me and I smiled at how much trust he showed me. I got on my phone, clicking open tiktok. The first thing that showed up was an edit of my hot boyfriend. I liked it and moved past. Another came up. Then another. And another. And- what the fuck?

"Did you change my entire for you page to edits of yourself?!" I asked, laughing at him.

"I did, I did. I just thought you couldn't get enough of me." He said, turning around and giving me a wide grin. I shook my head before closing out tiktok and going into my amazon kindle app.

A few minutes into reading, Will's phone blew up with messages. I left it until he said something about it. "Can you get that for me?"

"Of course!"

Crazy Adrenaline Junkie Asterin <3

DUDE
DUDE
XUXE
MY TEAVHER
FHE ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU
HE ASKED ME ABT YOU
AND HES SO HOT
LIKE HIS ACCENT
OMG
WILL IM GONNA KMS
LIKE
UGH
HELP ME
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
💬

"Who's Crazy Adrenaline Junkie Asterin heart?" I asked, cocking my head some. "And why is she talking about a hot teacher that looks like you?"

I could hear the jealousy in my own voice but i needed him to know I wasn't mad. I'm not, I assume this is either an American college student closer to his age.

"It's Asterin?" He responded, cocking his head at my tone.

"Who exactly is Asterin?" I asked. He turned around to look at me with a confused look before a look of realization crossed his face.

"Oh my god! I haven't told you about Asterin! Let me finish this and i'll tell you all about her!" He said excitedly, "Just message back whatever you feel appropriate.

Crazy Adrenaline Junkie Asterin <3

HELLO?!
WILLIAM
WILL
WHY
ARENT
YOU
REAPOMDIMG
IM
IN
edited
A
CRISIS
HELLO
FUCKING
ASSWIPE
WTF IS THIS
OMFG
BRO
DUDE
WHATEVER
OKAY
SO
HES SO HOT
AND LIKE
DUDE
HE AOUNDS SO BRITISH TODAY
OKFG
SHUT UP
BC I JUST FOUND OUT HES MARRIED WITH TWO KIDS
FUCK
THERE GOES MY OFFERING FOR EXTRA CREDIT
PLEAZE
ITS NOT EVEN A JOKE
IM GONNA CRU MYSELF TO SLEEP
LOVE GONE WRONG PT 2

goodluck?

YOU ARENT WILL
WHO ARE YOU
OMG
WAIT
ARE YOU THE ONE WHO CALLED HIM ON STREAM?!
OMFG
WAIT
TOM TOLD ME ABT YOU
BC HE CANT KEEP A SECREG
AND IZZY WANTED TO TELL ME
IK YOU
YOURE HARMONY DAVIS
HAHAHA
OMG
HELLO

oh
thats my full name
how
ok
i wont ask
hello!

YOURE SO NICE
SHUT UP
OMFG
STOP
HDKEJCOENCKJENFD
I LOVE YOU ALREADY
I GTG
TELL WILL TO HELP ME WITH MY CRISIS LATER
I'LL MEET YOU OME DAY
I HOPE
I PRAY
BUT ALSO
KINDA NOT RLLY
ONLY BC
MY EX IS LIKE
AN ASSHOLE
HAHAHAHAHAHA
ANYWAY
BYE BYE HARMYYYY
CAN I CALL YOU THAY?!
IM GONNA CALL YOU THAG
BYE BUE

bye bye :D

"That was interesting." I laughed. "She seems so nice."

"Tom told her, eh?" He asked with a small shake of his head.

"How'd you know?"

"I know theyre the only ones who talk. Izzy cried to me the last time they talked because she heard from Xavier about something personal. It's a big whole thing." He laughed. We sat in silence the rest of the time he cooked before we went to the loving room to eat and he opened his computer.

"So this is Asterin." He said, showing me pictures of both of them together, then everyone, then the video of Asterin and Izzy meeting for the first time.

"She's so pretty! What happened? She looks so happy to be with Izzy."

"Asterin and this one," He says, pointing to the tall one with a mask on, "had a falling out. She went off the grid for a while and only started talking to me a few months ago about her teacher. Now we have weekly talks about her teacher. She felt as though Izzy took his side and they fell out. The only people she talks to in this photo is me and Tom. Izzy occasionally, but like once in a blue moon if Izzy reaches out."

"Oh wow. That bad?"

"That bad. She was one hell of a person though. Like absolutely off the rails." He laughed, "She took Izzy illegally driving. She illegally drove herself that night. They got chased by the cops and all. She took Xavier to steal thing in the hotel we stayed at. She ran up to random people's apartment doors and did a song trend. Once we had like this bonfire and she was jumping over it like she didn't care about getting burned."

"No way." I laughed.

"She reminds me a lot of you, actually." He laughed, sadness swirling in his iris'.

"How so?"

"She doesn't care if she gets burned as long as she has fun with the fire." He said, looking into my eyes with such passion. "She lives for the thrill of the heat and ive seen the same in you."

"She sounds like how I want to raise my kids." I laughed.

"No doubt she is."