forty-four

Everybody Loves Me by OneRepublic

02/10/22

"Harmony." I heard Will sing as he walked through my bedroom door.

"Fuck off." I mumbled, too tired to register what i was saying.

"What time did you go to bed?" He laughed, sitting on the bed next to me. He laid a gentle hand in my hair and started combing his fingers through it.

"Late. I have a bio thing due this weekend and wanted it done for the moving." I mumbled, trying to open my eyes but couldn't.

"Late being?"

"Like two hours ago, fuck." I huffed with an eye roll.

"Alright, grouchy. I'll make you breakfast and coffee and come back in." Will said, kissing the top of my head. He left the room and I tried to go back to sleep but my body wouldn't let me. I let put a loud groan before rolling to the edge of my bed. I sat up and swung my legs over the edge, rubbing my temples when my head started to throb.

I set my feet on the ground and a rush of cold traveled up my body. I wrapped my blanket around me and walked to the kitchen, the blanket laying limp on the floor as it dragged behind me.

I walked up behind Will and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I'm off to work, why did you wake her up?" Steph asked on her way out.

"Fuck off." I mumbled, the words muffled against his back.

"We're moving Izzy in today." Will laughed.

"She went to bed at three, do you know what time it is? The sun isn't even up yet, bro."

"We have to be in Nottingham at eight. We're already behind."

"Well, you can deal with the consequences of that. I'm off." Steph laughed. The door closed and I sighed. I don't know how I was more willing to fall asleep standing up and my arms wrapped around Will than I was in my own bed, but the temptation was there and getting harder to fight by the second.

"Foods done." Will whispered, resting a hand on my arms. "Don't fall asleep yet."

"Whatever." I slurred. He turned around and picked me up in one fluid motion. He set he back down on the counter and i let out a yawn as he handed me a plate. I ate the food, not bothering to care what it was.

Soon enough I was a tad more awake and looking out the window of the passenger seat.

"How do you have so much energy?" Tommy asked, leaning his back against the door as Izzy was dancing to the music in between his legs.

"I asked Will the same question." I slurred, laying my head forward on Will's arm outstretched to rest on my thigh.

"They're the same person in different formatting." Tommy said with a small laugh.

"It's true." Will laughed, pulling into the familiar house I went to for New Years. "Alright, let's get it done."

"How mad do you think she'll be, scale of one to ten?" Izzy laughed, moving across the back seat and putting her shoes on.

"Mm, about a seven. Basing it off of Harmony's ten this morning." Will laughed. I glared at him and his smile fell a tad at it before I smiled at him.

"It was early and I'm on a good two hours of sleep give or take." I shrugged, getting out if the car and opening Izzy's door for her. Her and I walked in first and walked to her room. We started organizing things into piles. Most of the time was spent on packing up the rest of her stuff. It really wasn't much bur we needed Jack to help move stuff too.

The drive back to the house, Will and I were alone. We had his backseat and trunk filled with boxes and such.

"When we get back to mine, you can sleep in my bed. We'll do the rest. Izzy might join you." I hummed in response as my head laid on the window.

The rest of the ride was silent. He played music softly, held my thigh and rubbed circles into it, but we didn't talk. It was nice.

I did as he instructed when we made it to his flat. I walked to his room and crashed, everything following being a blur of loud noises, closed doors, and a lot of laughing.

"Harm?" I heard Izzy's soft voice echo through the room. I hummed in response, having barely woken up a few seconds before she walked in. "Can I lay with you? I don't feel like sleeping in my room right now and everyone else is in the living room."

"Mhm." I hummed, moving over a tad. She crawled in the bed with me and i opened my eyes to peak at her. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just feel like my mom hates me." She whispered.

"No matter how much you fight, she doesn't hate you. I think she wants the best for you in her own twisted way." I whispered back, laying an arm over top of her to provide some comfort.

"I think she thinks im not doing what's best for me. That this isnt it when it is. I just can't be there anymore. Everything with my dad that happened there, it's just not a safe space for me anymore. Not like Tom's house or here or yours and Steph's."

"I get that. That's how my dad was with his parents. They never really treated him the best and they were so controlling. That's why i only every met them when they were at planned family reunions outside of our home and theirs. So they didn't take away our safe space, but so he wouldn't feel unsafe there." I said, trying to make her feel a bit better about her decision. "All in all, things in your life are meant to fail in some way or another, you know? She isn't letting you have that either. My mom wasn't ecstatic about me moving jere after my dad's passing, but she knew it was what I needed to do to cope. She gave me a place to go no matter how far or what state. I'll still make the drive if I need my mom, because I know I can."

"That's why I like it here." Izzy whispered, her voice trailing off to signal her exhaustion.

"Me too." I whispered back.