forty-five

Golden Hour by JVKE

02/14/22

Will's POV

"It'll be fine, Uncle Will. Harmony loves you just as much as you love her."

"It'll all be fine." I breathed out, trying to ignore the fast pace of my heart and the restriction of air as it felt like a knot was being pulled tighter and tighter around my lungs.

"Stop panicking." She said, walking to me and grabbing the beanie from my shaking hands. She stepped onto my bed and beckoned me over to her. I walked the short distance and she slid the beanie on my head, adjusting it a tad after doing so. "You're gonna do great. She's gonna say yes to being your girlfriend and you've already asked all of her brothers for permission. You asked her Mum for permission and Stephanie ans everyone has given you their blessing. She has even asked Aaron, Jenna, and I if we were okay with it and if we weren't she'd back off."

"What? Why would she-"

"Because she knows you. She knows how much we mean to you and she knows what she's getting herself into when it comes to you. She knows you're full time with your band and about to go on tour. She knows you're full time streaming video games. She knows you do everything for your friends and family. She knows you would do everything for her. She knows you, Uncle Will. Stop freaking our and go ask her to be my aunt, officially of course because ive already put her in my phone as Aunt Harmony" Izzy said, smiling at me throughout her speech. I took a deep breath, the knot around my lungs loosening. I dug my shoes put from under my bed and slipped them on before before exiting the house. Izzy was pushing me, but I still made it out.

I drove to her house and once I arrived, I sat in the car, picking the pieces of string falling from my steering wheel.

Harmonica

you're here
but you're not here
whats up with that?

need a minute <3

omw out
bc i just know you're panicking

im fine im fine

let me in its cold

I reached across the car and opened the passenger door.

"I meant unlock the car, but that works too I guess." She said, closing the door as she sat down. I stayed silent, continuing to pick at rhe steering wheel. "You're freaking me out here, love, what's going on?"

I couldn't speak. It was like my words were failing me. Like no word in the dictionary could define any of what I was feeling.

I heard her sigh and some shuffling. I felt my seat dip some before feeling her legs on either side of mine. I looked up and she was smiling down at me, making me immediately smile back. I instantly felt better. Seeing her smile, her face, feeling her against me. It brought me back to my sense of being.

"There's my pretty boy." She whispered, resting a hand against my cheek. Her hands felt cold against the heat of my cheeks, but it was perfect. She was perfect. "What's going on?"

"I was just freaking out about you saying no to me asking you to be my girlfriend, like officially." I laughed nervously, glancing at different features around her face before settling on her eyes. They lit up with confusion as she cocked her head slightly.

"Saying no to you? To being your girlfriend officially? Why exactly would I say no to that, Will? I thought we had confirmed our little thing we had going on when you helped me moved in and I kissed you several times against your car." She laughed quietly, a smile on her face.

"I mean, it was, I just-"

"You got scared of me saying no." She finished, admiring me as she ran her thumb across my cheekbone.

"Yeah."

"Well I won't say no. It'd be an honor to be your official girlfriend. Official to your band and your friends and your family. Official to me and to you."

"So you'll be my girlfriend?"

"As long as it stays that way."

"And I can be your boyfriend?"

"Haven't we established that?" She laughed, smiling wider as she watched mine grow.

"So when I introduce you to people, I can say that you're my girlfriend?" I asked, still in disbelief that this was real. She leaned down and kissed me, holding my face in both of her hands as I kept mine secured around her waist.

"Will." She whispered softly, barely pulling back to speak. I could feel her hot breath on my lips and it soothed my anxiety.

This is real

"I promise you, you can call me your wife if you wanted and I'd absolutely adore it and you all the same."

She wants this too

"You are apart of me in such a way I wouldn't be able to feel remotely close to this feeling with anyone else."

She's heavenly

"I fell for you so so long ago, Will."

She's mine

"I fell for you too and ive been waiting for this day for over a year." I whispered back, leaning up to press a gentle kiss on her lips.

We sat in the car, hugging for a few minutes longer before going inside. We started out the night by gathering snacks and deciding on watching Gilmore Girls because she absolutely adored it. Especially since Steph watched further without her and now she's getting her pay back.

We made chocolate covered strawberries and boy was that a time. She covered my face with chocolate before chasing me with it on a spoon. I was locked in the bathroom for half an hour before i realized I'm taller than her. News flash, it didn't work the way I thought it would, She was prepared with another spoon and a stool.

We fell asleep on the pull out bed, Gilmore Girls playing snd candles we forgot to put out burning. Luckily, Steph came home from her date with Luke and put them out. Or, that's what I assumed.

All I know is I'm with the girl of my dreams.