twenty-eight

Run The World (Girls) by Beyoncé

07/18/21

I woke up with Will's arms around me. It was a nice way to wake up, if I do say so myself.

"Hey, Harmony?" Izzy asked, poking my forehead.

"Good morning, Izzy." I said with a small laugh.

"Can Caroline and I lay with you guys?" Izzy asked. I opened my eyes and blinked them a few times to see properly. Her eyes were red and she had tear tracks staining her face.

"Of course." I said, kicking Will awake so he can move.

"Ow. Ow. Ow! Ow, Harm, stop!" Will said, moving away from me. Izzy snorted a laugh in response.

"Well I can't move you myself so." I explained, sitting up and patting the top of his head with a smile.

"Bloody rude." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his head on my legs. He fell back asleep quickly.

"Okay, there's room now. Come on out." I said, smiling at Izzy. She walked back to the room and when she came out she had an arm full of pillows and blankets. Caroline trailed behind her, texting aggressively on her phone before putting it away.

"A little help would've been nice, Care."

"I was texting your boyfriends best friend since your phone is on dnd and nobody's able to get ahold of you." She sassed.

"Okay, fair. What should we do?" Izzy asked, layering the blankets over us. She ended up covering Will's head with a few blankets and laughed about it.

"Izzy, I'm gonna suffocate!" Will yelled, lifting his head over the blankets before Izzy covered him again.

"I do what I want." She laughed.

"I may be a feminist, Iz, but I am still your uncle. Stop- stop suffocating me! I'm your housing right now!"

"Technically I am, since you guys are here." I defended with a shrug.

"So true!" Caroline agreed, lifting her hand for a high five. I high-fived her with a smile.

"Who runs the world, Uncle Will?" Izzy asked. I slapped a hand over my mouth as he sighed.

"Girls, but that is no excuse to suffocate me."

"I'm just trying to wake you up." She laughed out.

"Harm woke me up when she kicked me over and over." He mumbled.

"Sorry not sorry, I happen to run the world." I laughed.

"So real!" Caroline agreed again.

"When are the boys coming back, oh my god." Will joked, sitting up and fixing his hair.

"Never, we run the world so we got rid of them." I joked.

"Oh my god, I'm using the bathroom." He said, standing up and walking off.

"I love fucking with him when he's tired." Izzy said with a laugh.

"So do I, it's so fun." I laughed with her.

"We should play cards." Caroline said.

"I'll have Will get them when he gets back." I responded.

"So, how long have you known Will?" Caroline asked me as Izzy laid her head on my legs. Her and Will are definitely related.

"About a year?" I responded, running a hand through her hair.

"Really?" She asked in shock. "And you're not dating?"

"No, I just broke up with my ex like a week ago. The feelings are there though, I won't lie." I laughed.

"No doubt." Caroline said with a smile.

"Will! Get the cards!" I yelled when I heard the bathroom door open. He saluted me and walked into the kitchen to get them from the drawer.

He walked back out with cards in one hand and his phone in the other. He sat down on the bed next to me and ruffled Izzy's hair.

"What game are we playing?" He asked, opening the cards as he glanced around at all of us. He shuffled them in his hands quickly and skillfully.

"You're so good at that." Izzy said with a yawn, shutting her eyes.

"I assume not to deal you in?" He asked quietly. She shook her head in my lap and I continued to run my hand through her hair.

"What about rummy?" Caroline asked.

"Good game." Will said with a smile.

"Oh, you always beat me." I whined. He laughed which made me smile.

"Just get good, my love"

"Shut up." I laughed.

We played back to back games Rummy for a while, Caroline being the only one to beat Will in the three hours we played. Izzy joined in after a while but stopped playing because she kept getting mad at Will. She decided to help me instead.

"I'm ordering food, what do you want?" Will said, winning yet another game.

"No okay, I'm tired of losing in Rummy. Fuck this. I want chicken nuggets." Caroline said, throwing her cards on the bed and moving up next to me.

"Well this isn't how you impress a room full of girls." Izzy sassed. I held back a laugh and he collected the cards.

"Good thing I'm not trying to impress you, huh?" He sassed back.

"You gotta try harder to impress Harmony too!" She yelled as he walked away.

"Doesn't take much to impress her. All I gotta do is cook her Chicken Alfredo." He yelled back.

"You're really that easy?" Izzy turned to look at me.

"What? He makes good Chicken Alfredo." I laughed.

"Oh my god." Caroline laughed.

"Told you." Will said as he walked back out.