thirty-five

Chasing Pavements by Adele

11/24/21

I walked into the house, hanging my coat in the closet next to the front door before slipping my shoes off and taking down my tied up hair. I ran a hand through the brunette strands, trying to ease the small pain from my scalp at the tight ponytail.

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw a Will pressed against the counter and some girl leaning against him as she forced her tongue down his throat. Though, from the angle I was at it didn't seem very forced and very much like Will was enjoying it.

I dropped my keys onto the counter, the sound echoing throughout the room and snd making the pair break apart, much to the girl's dismay. She tried going back in, brushing me off with nothing but a glance up and down my body and a wave of her hand. Will just stared at me, hands on this girls hips and pushing her away as we kept eye contact.

"I'll be in the room." I whispered out, walking upstairs so the tears in my eyes wouldn't be seen.

"Harmony wait!" Will yelled. I opened the bedroom door and slammed it shut, quickly grabbing anything from our shared closet to wear. "Harm!"

"Go away." I mutter, hearing our bedroom door open.

"Babe, I'm sorry."

"Just go away! I don't want to hear it!" I screamed, chest heaving as tears fell down my face in a rapid manor.

"Harmony!"

"Go away!"

"Harm, Harm!"

"Harmony!" I heard, my eyes shooting open as my breaths came in gasps and i felt my body being shook even as I sat up in a panicked daze. "Jesus, Harm, are you okay?"

"What?" I asked, trying to get my breathing back as I looked around the room. My cheeks felt sticky and all that was running through my brain was Will kissing someone else and the pain it seemed to bring.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. Yeah, i'm fine." I breathed out.

"What happened?" He asked, pulling my body against his and holding me. He kissed the top of my head a few times to try and get me to calm down. I closed my eyes, but that only seemed to make it worse. The image of Will with a random person's tongue down his throat still traumatizing me.

"Bad dream." I said, opting to keep my eyes open and glance around at my surroundings.

"You were barely asleep for forty five minutes, my love." He whispered, keeping a tight hold on me. My body started to relax against his.

"Are you seeing anyone?" I asked in a whisper. The question left my mouth before I could even dwell on it.

"Of course not." He answered with no hesitation.

"Do you want to?"

"Nobody but you, love." He whispered into my hair. His voice was muffled, but the words replayed in my head over and over. The dream stopped playing on the back of my eyelids and I felt my heart start to slow its pace. "Are you okay?"

"I had a dream that we lived together and you- I came home to you kissing someone in our kitchen." I whispered, moving my arms to wrap around his.

"I would never." He whispered back. He planted one more kiss on my head and I took a deep breath.

"I'm glad you asked me to come." I whispered, smiling to myself as he held me.

"Me too." He whispered back. We both watched tv until he got a call from Toby. Once the call had ended, we ended up going to a house that was moderately sized and nice looking. We both walked in and boy was there a lot of people here I didn't know.

Will introduced both of us to everyone and once we hit the group of people I did know, my anxiety calmed down and I sat with Izzy and Caroline. We just talked and It was just like the time they both stayed at my house and we played cards.

"Wait, Harm, I heard you moved! Is that true?" Caroline asked me, turning to face me with a wide smile.

"It is! Steph and I have a nice house now. You're welcome over anytime." I said with a small smile.

"If I ever go back." Caroline joked.

"You will, I know it." Izzy said with a smile.

"Oh my god, I just got roped into conversations with people I don't even know." Toby said, walking over and sitting on the floor next to Caroline.

"Blonde hair or ginger hair?" Caroline asks, looking in the direction he just came from.

"Ginger." Tubbo whispered, eyes wipe as if he'd just gotten traumatized. Will was smiling from behind me, keeping a protective hand on my waist.

"Oh, you got roped in with cousin Sally. She probably flirted with you, huh?" Caroline asked with a small smile.

"Oh my god, it was terrible." Toby nervously laughed. Caroline smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Happy birthday by the way." I said, smiling at Caroline. She thanked me and we all just talked for a few hours before parting ways.