eighteen

Fix It To Break It by Clinton Kane

05/05/21

"I think we need to talk." I said, walking into Jeremiah's apartment.

"About what?" He asked, already looking fed up with me.

"Us, Jeremiah. We need to talk about boundaries and respect and how to fix this relationship."

"Is this because I broke your dad's shit? Because I didn't mean it." He said, looking genuinely regretful.

"We need to talk about that too, but thats not why this is happening. You don't act like you genuinely love me or want to be with me. You treat me like a means of someone to have or be with or give you money when you need it. I feel used and unwanted by you. I feel like someone you just fuck and throw away when you're tired of listening to me speak."

"I don't mean for it to come off like that, Harmony. Im sorey."

"It's not just that, though Heremiah. You make Will feel unbearably uncomfortable because you make comments about me and you and glare at him and honestly just- you treat him like shit and I'm at my end with it. Ive given you literally every single piece of me and it's like it's not enough for you."

"Harmony, he's trying to ruin us! Can't you see that through your thick head?! Are you that fucking dense?!"

"You're ruining us, Jeremiah! You're doing it all on your fucking own! You seem to have more hatred for Will than you do love for me! I'm your girlfriend and you treat me like shit! I don't fucking deserve this but I stay because I fucking love you and I want this to work!"

"I want this to work too, Harmony! You make it so fucking difficult though! You do everyrhing I ask you not to! You say yoh love me but you don't fucking show it either!"

"Jeremiah I give you everything! How is that me not fucking showing it! I take you here and there and everywhere! I cook dinners for you so we don't have to eat out and still end up doing that! I work three fucking jobs and pay rent at someplace I barely come to! Meanwhile I have my own rent to pay and my own mouth to feed! I make you gifts that you throw the hell away! Meanwhile you sit around and waste whatever money you can scrounge up on alcohol and watch fucking tv all day! I do everything for you, Jeremiah! I need more from you and as soon as I ask that of you you spin it on me!"

"You never make time for me!" He screamed, face going red from anger.

"Maybe because I'm so fucking busy trying to support you!" I screamed. I was bloody pissed too. "Get your fucking shit together Jeremiah, because I can't keep doing this."

"So what, you're gonna leave me because I can't get a job?"

"Don't do that shit! Don't guilt trip me! Im telling you what I need and you still try and play the god damn victim!"

"I need you, Harmony!" He yelled.

I need Will.

"And I need better." I said, gathering my keys and walking out.

I'm tired of fighting for something he clearly gives no shit about.

I drive to my apartment and when I walked inside, I slammed the door and walked to my room.

Gold

harmmm
haaaarrrrmmm
harmmmm
harmonyttt
im boredddd
harmmm
harmonytt
oh
shit
youre driving
im so sorry
text me when ur home love <3

im home
whats up?

oh your mad
what happened?

im not mad

you clearly are

wtf? how

i can tell
text tone changed
whats up?

jeremiah's a dick
i tried to talk about what needs fixing in our relationship and he just played the victim

did you leave him?

no
im trying to fix it
leaving isnt doing that will

hey
i was just asking
dont get defensive with me

why do you want me to leave him so bad?

what?
i never said that?

you ask me every time we fight if ive left him
obviously its something you think about

harm what?
i ask so you feel like you can tell me

well now i dont feel like i can

whats going on?
did he say something to you?

why does everyone blame my actions on Jeremiah!
fucking hell

im sorry

just leave me alone will

alright
text me when you can love
i love you

i closed my phone and just laid in bed.

who's the bitch now...?