nine

Don't Let Me Go by Harry Styles

12/25/20

The Christmas lights hung around my childhood bedroom and I couldn't even see them properly. There were streaks coming off of them, the tears obscuring my vision of them.

The darkness came through the window, no stars or moon in sight. Steph was going to drive here later today to visit home with me after their own respective family, I just felt so fucking alone. Jeremiah didn't want to come with me because he finds no reason to meet my family if we're not dating. Which I get, but come on, that's kinda fucked when you have nothing better to do.

It wouldn't change his mind if he knew it was my first Christmas without my dad. He has no contact with his parents so we don't talk parents between us.

Gold

hey, how are you doing?

not good
it fucking sucks
it hurrs even mkre being in ny childhood room
and knowing like
he wont be here
idk
sorey

stfu
i dont wanna hear you apologize
i'll be there later on today ok?
my family will be a bit split up so i wont be there long
Aaron and Jenny are going to their dads house around 4
Izzy will be with her soon to be boyfriend's family
and my sister will be at a pub with her friends
so
i'm dropping by if thats ok?

yes please
i dont wanna be alone

i know love
this is why im coming

thank you

sleep call?
im in a shitty hotel
shits sketchy

yes please

Gold wants to FaceTime...

I answered the facetime and propped it up on my end table. He hummed a tune which calmed me down enough to finally get to sleep.

I woke up the next day in a dog pile with my brothers. Don't ask me how I got here. Life with brothers I guess.

"Get off of me, heathens!" I yelled, trying to push them off of me.

"No!" Luke yelled with a smile.

"We missed you! Just love us!" Matteo yelled. I laughed and stopped fighting against them.

After a while they all rolled off of me and we walked downstairs.

"Good morning, Momma!" We all yelled as we saw her on the couch. We all sat with her and did our normal Christmas routine. We watched a Christmas movie, then we all made breakfast with one another and ate it while catching up on everything, then we waited for Stephanie because, well her family wasn't the best at times, and then we opened gifts.

When Steph walked in the door wtih a bag full of gifts, we all knew what time it was. She quickly ran and sat next to me after greeting everyone. We passed aorund gifts and I think my favorite one was the one my mom gave me.

She gave me my dads old blanket he slept with every night and only ever let me use when I was sick or when one of the boys were sick.

I cried, hard, at that gift.

When we were singing terribly to christmas songs in the living room, I heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I said, laughing at the terrible singing Luke and Matteo were doing right now. I opened the door and I don't think my heart coukd have been more happy to see Will Gold right now.

"Merry Christmas, Harm." He said with a smile, pulling his beanie down before pulling me into a hug.

"Hello! Merry Christmas!" I said with excitement.

"Harmony! We don't heat the outside! Bring them inside, honey!" My mom yelled as she laughed.

"Yes, Momma." I laughed, pulling away and dragging him inside. "This is Will by the way." I said with a laugh.

"Will!" Stephanie yelled with a smile.

"Steep!"

"Nevermind, I hate you again." She joked.

"You're the infamous Will, Ive heard so much about." Luke said, staring him down.

"Luke, stop it!" My mother scolded, "We will make him feel welcome!"

"Yes, Momma." He sighed, easing back on the stare. Everyone welcomed him easily and he slept in my room that night since Stephanie was asked back home by her little brother who had just flown in from his trip to California.

"Here, I got you a gift." He said nervously. It was a small wrapped box and when I opened it there was a bracelet that I absolutely adored. It was a charm bracelet but the only thing on it was his guitar pick. Fuck me this was adorable.

"I love it. I left mine for you at home." I whispered, sitting down next to him. He put it on me and soon after we went to bed.

I couldn't have been happier to have so much comfort in one person.