forty

illicit affairs by Taylor Swift

12/31/21

Will's POV

"Maybe we should go to your family for New Years since my family's is being pushed back."

And that's how were here. Anxiously driving to Nottingham to attend my sister's New Year's gathering. The car was filled with happy music, but it was obvious I was anxious. Izzy was too, but Tom always knew how to keep her mind off of it.

I pulled into the driveway and parked. The music got paused and we sat in silence for a few moments.

"We can go to mine first. Sit there until we have to go." Tom spoke first.

"Mhm." Izzy hummed. nodding her head softly.

"It'll be fine, Iz. We'll leave if it gets too much or too heated. Aaron and Jenny will be here too, so it'll all work out." I said softly, making sure she was calmer than I.

"Okay, yeah." She said softly.

"You guys go ahead, I'll follow behind." I said with a fake smile. They both got out and leaned against the trunk of the car.

"Is it really that bad?" Harmony asked, voice just above a whisper.

"It can be, yeah. I'm hoping it's not though." I said, taking a deep breath and turning off the car. "For now though, you get to meet Izzy's other family."

"I'd love that." Harmony said, grabbing my hand with a smile. I nodded, leaning over and kissing her forehead. We both got out and I locked the doors. Tom and Izzy lead us up to the front door and it opened before anyone could knock.

"Izzy darling!" Sarah said with a smile, immediately bringing Izzy into a hug.

"Yeah, no just forget the kid you gave birth to!" Tommy yelled. I knew he was happy though, happy Izzy had another set of parents no matter what.

"Hi honey." Sarah said, pulling away from Izzy and hugging Tom.

"Will, It's nice to see you again. I presume the beautiful woman next to you is Harmony?" She asked, bringing us all inside out of the cold.

"I am, you must be Mrs. Simons." Harmony greeted, a smile gracing her face.

"Oh, sweetheart, call me Sarah. The Mrs. makes me feel old." She said with a motherly smile.

"Of course." Harmony laughed softly.

"How have you been, Mum?" Izzy asked, slipping off her shoes and sitting on the floor to pet the dogs.

"Oh ive been alright, love. How about you?"

"Ive been good! Your son is as annoying as ever, though." Izzy joked.

"What?! No I have not!" Tommy yelled.

"Oh i'm sure he has, darling." Sarah laughed back.

"Mum!" Tommy yelled, whipping his head to look at his mother.

"Don't raise your voice at me kid! You know you're annoying!" She said loudly.

"Oi! Fuck off!" He yelled with a smile.

"You guys are a lot alike." Harmony said, admiring the family and the house.

"Yes, yes we are." Sarah responded. Tommy sat on the floor to greet his dogs alongside Izzy. "Can I get you all anything?"

"I'm alright, thank you though." I responded. After the initial conversations, we watched some Christmas movies to pass the time before we had to go next door.