twenty

Take on the World by You Me At Six

06/09/21

Will's POV

Steep :P

can you come over?
Harmony is not well
Jeremiah is not answering her calls and she feels bad for asking you
Jeremiah can honestly suck a god damn fucking dick but thats besides the point

yeah?
is she okay?
whats going on?

its the anniversary of her dad's death
she needs someone other than me, luke, tyson, and matteo
especially because the other three are trying to help her while in similar states
and they refuse to go to their mother hurt
when she's hurting

are you okay?
i know you and her dad were close

oh
i didnt really expect that
yeah im doing okay
thank you for asking

its no problem
im on my way
be there in five

its a fifteen minute drive will

i said what i said

I drove to Portslade in five minutes, six at most. I just sped all the way there. I ran up the stairs to the apartment and pulled out the spare key that Stephanie made me. I unlocked the door and walked inside.

I made it two steps before a body collided with mine and by the sobs i heard, I knew it was Harmony.

"Hey, Love." I whispered, wrapping my arms around her.

"Hi." She sobbed, gripping onto me like a Koala.

"Let's go sit down, Love." I whispered. I walked with her to the couch and she curled in a ball in my lap. I wasn't against it, I just held her against my chest as she sobbed.

"Thank you." Stephanie mouthed to me. I smiled at her as she leaned her head on Luke's shoulder.

"Harm, why don't we order some food." Matteo said, rubbing her back from next to us. Tyson was rubbing her shin, trying to hide the tears running down his face.

"I'm not hungry." She sobbed.

"Why don't we make Chicken Alfredo together. It'll get your mind off of things and you get your favorite food out of it. Plus spending time with me is always a plus." I said, holding her close to me as I spoke in a joking tone.

She nodded her head but stayed put. I lifted her up with ease and walked into the kitchen. I set her on the counter and stood in front of her.

"You look very pretty, Harmony." I said, wiping away the tears on her face. She smiled a bit and wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Always." I whispered back. When we pulled back I got out the stuff to make chicken alfredo and started cooking. It didn't take long for her to order me around the kitchen like she usually does, laughing and carrying on with me.

"Your food, madame." I said, handing her a bowl of alfredo and she smiled at me. She twirled the noodles around on her fork and held it out for me to take. I took a bite of the pasta and she smiled at me.

"Food's done!" She yelled, turning around to look at everyone. They all came out and made themselves plates. I stayed with Harmony, content with just standing with her.

Once everyone was done eating, we all went to the living room. Harmony and I laid down on the big couch while Stephanie got the smaller couch and the boys made one big bed on the floor.

Halfway through the film everyone agreed on, Harmony fell asleep on me. I continued running my hands through her hair, knowing it helped her feel better.

"You know, she doesn't fall asleep on anyone." Matteo said, looking up at me from the floor, "She only ever did with our dad."

"Really?" I asked.

"She's always hated falling asleep before people. She also just hates laying on people because it makes her feel insecure." Luke spoke up.

"It's true, she never lays on Jeremiah if you need more proof." Stephanie said, smiling at me.

"Well, I'm glad she feels comfortable enough around me." I smiled, relaxing even more against her. The couch wasn't uncomfortable when she was with me.

"She likes you a lot more than she likes to admit." Tyson laughed, "I figured that out with the whole Jeremiah breaking shit situation."

"Yeah, guess we have that in common."

"It amazes me that she has no idea of your feelings." Stephanie said, "She's always been good at reading people."

"You have that right." Luke said with a smile.

"She knows, I know she does." I whispered, "I have no doubt she knows."

"How come?" Tyson asked.

"I just know. If it's not consciously then it's at least subconsciously."

"I think she knows you're the one she just has always hated admitting that stuff to herself." Matteo said.

"Yeah, definitely have that in common." I said, pressing a small kiss to her head before allowing my eyes to shut and sleep to take over.