♡: three

the heart can recognize what the mind tries to deny. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"anneong, jihye," the old woman laughed, hugging her favourite (and only) granddaughter back

"anneong, jihye," the old woman laughed, hugging her favourite (and only) granddaughter back. "how has training been?"

breaking out of the hug, jihye lied, "it's been great, halmeoni! the other girls are so nice!" the young girl knew it wasn't good to lie, but she also knew that if her grandmother had an inkling of how difficult and stressful being a trainee was, she would no longer let jihye train.

her grandma smiled before ushering in the young girl. "come, come, I just made seaweed soup!" jihye laughed with her grandmother and walked into the familiar house where she had grown up, but not before kicking her shoes off at the door.

jihye's parents died in a car crash when she was very young, so she never knew them and ended up living with her grandparents. then, when she turned 6, her grandfather passed away, leaving jihye and her grandmother alone. the two quickly developed a close relationship.

"it smells delicious, halmeoni!" the girl exclaimed m, feeling like a child once again as her grandmother pampered her.

jihye sat down criss-cross at their table and her grandmother brought two bowls of burning hot soup, setting one in front of the girl and one in front of herself before sitting down.

waiting until her grandmother took a sip first, jihye spoke up. "how are you doing, halmeoni?"

her grandmother smiled as she sipped some of the soup. "i've been doing okay, dear."

jihye nodded in response, swallowing a spoonful of the scorching soup. "wah— this is delicious!" she exclaimed, grinning.

"of course, it is," jihye's grandmother responded indignantly. "i made it."

jihye giggled a bit at her grandma's words. "i know, halmeoni."

"anyways," the older woman started mischievously. "when will you introduce me to a boy?"

jihye almost spit out the soup in her mouth. "i— what? i'm only 14, halmeoni!" not to mention, i have a dating ban.

her grandmother rolled her eyes playfully and the two of them finished their soup in a comfortable silence. after finishing the soup, jihye stood up and brought both her own and her grandmother's bowls to the sink before rinsing them and washing her hands. once she was done, she walked back towards the table to sit down with her grandmother.

"no, you're not doing that," her grandma interrupted as though she had read jihye's thoughts. "i bet you haven't been outside in a long time, so you should go have some you-time and relax."

"but—"

"no buts," the old woman scolded, handing her grandaughter her handbag. "visit me next time, and bring shiro, okay?" 

jihye smiled at the thought of her adorable cat back at her dorm. "okay, halmeoni," she replied, taking the bag from her grandmother's hands. "bye-bye, then!" 

the two bid their farewells as jihye left her home, wondering what else she should do to spend her day. 

a/n: we have some heart-warming content about jihye and her grandma which i loved so much 🥰 we don't see much of her grandma in this story, unfortunately, even though she's jihye's only living relative (please don't come at me because she has no ...

a/n: we have some heart-warming content about jihye and her grandma which i loved so much 🥰 we don't see much of her grandma in this story, unfortunately, even though she's jihye's only living relative (please don't come at me because she has no parents i know it's cliche 😭). 

qotd: what's your favourite season? 
aotd: spring (because that's when my birthday is hehe)