♡: thirty one

love is like a roller coaster. once you're done with it, you want to ride it again. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

the next morning, jihye woke up with a bright smile on her face

the next morning, jihye woke up with a bright smile on her face. her throat seemed much better (clearly, minho's soup was magical) and she was warm and cozy in her bed— wait, bed? jihye rubbed her eyes before registering where she was. she was in her own bed, in her own bedroom, even though she was certain that she had fallen asleep in the dance practice room.

jihye heard a familiar sound of a text notification on her phone, and she scrambled to get it off her nightstand, but was slightly disappointed when she saw that instead of the freckled boy she wanted texting her, it was his brother...

that was when she noticed the cute pastel yellow stick note that was stuck next to where her phone was. the trainee grabbed it and her eyes shined with joy as she read through it. 

ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵐᵒʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ, ˢᵘⁿˢʰⁱⁿᵉ!!ᵐⁱⁿʰᵒ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱ ᵃʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ˡᵉᵃᵛᵉ ˢⁱⁿᶜᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᵃˢˡᵉᵉᵖ, ˢᵒ ⁱ ᵖᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉʳᵉ ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢˡᵉᵉᵖ ᶜᵒᵐᶠᵒʳᵗᵃᵇˡʸ. ⁱ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˢˡᵉᵖᵗ ʷᵉˡˡ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗʰʳᵒᵃᵗ ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ! ᵗᵉˣᵗ ᵐᵉ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃᵏᵉ ᵘᵖ, ᵒᵏᵃʸ? ⁱ'ᵐ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵍᵒ ᵒʳ ᵐⁱⁿʰᵒ ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵏⁱˡˡ ᵐᵉ...ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᶠᵘⁿ ᵈᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ᵉᵛᵃˡᵘᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ, ˢᵘⁿˢʰⁱⁿᵉ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵒʳʳʸ! ⁱ ᵖʳᵒᵐⁱˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ᵃᵇˢᵒˡᵘᵗᵉˡʸ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ. <³, ˡⁱˣˣⁱᵉ

she couldn't help the fact that her lips curled up or that she carefully placed the note in her phone case (which wasn't clear, so no one could see it). she couldn't stop thinking about the heart that her best friend (but was he really just that now?) had drawn before his name, or the way he called the girl "sunshine". 

jihye dug her face into her pillow before squealing in excitement. is this how it feels like to be in love? she wondered. she would have spent there longer, thinking about felix and his amazingly deep voice and his gorgeous freckles and—

ring! her phone rang out, and she picked it up without thinking, hoping it was her best friend. "hey lix," she greeted, only to be met with embarrassment. 

"i see his note is the reason why you're ignoring my texts?" minho teased through the phone, trying to hold back a laugh. when jihye couldn't come up with a response, he continued, "i know everything, kwang~!"

"shut up," she muttered, her face bright red. 

minho giggled evilly on the other side of the phone. "anyways, get up. your evaluation is in a couple of hours, and you need to shower and eat and warm up before then." 

oh, right. jihye had forgotten about her evaluation, and suddenly, the her nerves had returned. "min, i'm scared," she admitted, her voice quiet. "what if i screw up?" 

"you won't, kwang," he reassured her. "trust me. i've seen your practices. i've seen how hard you've worked. that's got to be worth something." 

"i hope so." 

"anyways, i made a smoothie for you last night before we left, and it's in your fridge, so make sure to eat that. if you're still hungry, have some yogurt or some fruits, but don't eat anything other than that or you might puke." when there was a silence, minho pressed, "okay?" 

the trainee nodded before realizing he couldn't see her. "okay," she vocalized. "i'll eat that." 

minho hummed in content  on the other side of he phone. "that's good. call me if you need anything, okay? i have another free day today, halmeoni wouldn't let me work. and make sure to text lix, too. he was really nervous for you when he left for school this morning." 

"thanks, lee," jihye told him gratefully. she felt a sense of relief wash through her. she would be fine. minho told her so. minho had her back. 

"anytime, kwang." 

a/n: the letter is so romantic?!

qotd: how are you? 
aotd: stressed haha i'm so tired and i have so much to do.