♡: sixty one

we are gonna be who we are.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"anyeonghaesaeyo?" jihye called through her phone, a wide smile on her face

"anyeonghaesaeyo?" jihye called through her phone, a wide smile on her face. "halmeoni?"

"ne, jihye. i can hear you," a sweet voice chuckled through the phone. "did you eat? why did you call? don't you have training?"

jihye giggled comfortably at the reassuring sound of her grandmother's voice. "no, i haven't eaten yet. and no, i don't have training right now."

her grandma seemed confused. "why don't you have training?" 

"halmeoni, i'm going to debut!" jihye exclaimed happily, a huge grin on her face. "i'm going to debut, halmeoni, i'm going to debut!" 

her grandmother was so shocked she dropped the phone. when she finally picked it up from the ground, she responded proudly, "i'm so proud of you, jihye! i knew you could do it."

"thank you, halmeoni." 

"when is your debut date?" she asked curiously. 

jihye responded, "december 31st!"

her grandma frowned. "that's so far away..." 

the younger girl nodded before realizing that her grandma couldn't see her. "ne, i know, but we're going to need time to prepare for it." 

"'we'? you're debuting in a group?" the old woman asked. when her granddaughter hummed in response, she questioned, "who else is in your group?" 

"asuka unnie, hana, and aashvi," she said. "i'll introduce you to them soon."

"you better," her grandma threatened before the two burst into laughter. "i have to go now, darling, my soup is going to boil dry. make sure you eat, okay?" 

"yes, halmeoni, i will. you eat, too." 

"i will. i'll talk to you later," her grandmother ended the call. jihye smiled happily. 

i'm going to debut.

it felt unreal, like a lucid dream. she was going to debut, and she couldn't believe it at all. and yet, it was real, and it wasn't a dream. she really was going to debut with her closest girl friends, and she was so excited to tell felix about it. 

and minho and seungmin, of course. they were probably going to be at the cafe, too.

and yet, she was so excited to see a certain someone. to see him

a/n: guys i'm crying

a/n: guys i'm crying. there's only one chapter left in this book TT i'm so sad, i love this. i hope you look forward to it <3

also, babes, guess what?! your girl just won a gold medal in impromptu (a category where you get 2 minutes to prepare on a random topic for a 5 minute speech) at our regionals tournament and it was only my second time doing it?! ahhhh i'm so happy hehe 

qotd: what were your top 2 most played songs in 2023, and why?
aotd: "idgaf" by dua lipa (because i liked a guy who didn't like me back and it was like crazy; i was so heartbroken lmao), and "slump" by stray kids (i was in my depressed era 🤩).