♡: twenty four

i don't even know why i like you; i just do.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

after spending more than half the morning singing, jihye felt like she was about to cry

after spending more than half the morning singing, jihye felt like she was about to cry. not because she wasn't good enough; no, she was sure she'd do well, but because her throat had started to hurt. a lot

"are you in a rush, my dear?" the receptionist asked her as she flew by the kind lady's table desk and out the front door. the trainee didn't answer her; her throat too sore and her mind too messy. she didn't want to imagine what could have happened if she had to withdraw from the evaluation, or even worse, screw up while performing. she knew that if she had been invited as a senior trainee, she must have been close to her goal. 

her goal of debut. 

but if she screwed the evaluation up... no one would know when she would debut.

as she rushed through the bustling streets of seoul, she found herself shivering due to the chilly wind, instantly regretting not wearing a scarf. she pushed through passerby, some who were enjoying the cold december afternoon, while others were rushing to grab lunch. jihye ran down the familiar street that led to a walk-in doctor's office and felix's house, but she was going for the former. her short brown hair flew everywhere, and the young girl knew it would take forever to brush out the next day. 

she finally made it to the doctor's office, bursting into the building as a cold breeze entered the waiting area. the patients waiting there unconsciously shivered, but jihye didn't notice. she let the door close behind her as she quickly walked up to the reception and smiled politely when the receptionist looked up and made eye contact with her. 

"annyeonghasaeyo, what can i do for you today?" the kind old lady behind the desk greeted. she peered over her glasses as she smiled, "my, aren't you a pretty young girl?"

jihye's cheeks looked faintly pink, but maybe that was because of the cold. "kamsahamnida. i'm here to get a quick check-up; i think i've swollen my vocal cords." 

the lady frowned. "you should have booked an appointment in advance, dear. there are twelve people ahead of you in line." 

jihye's slightly numb fingers fumbled with the zipper of her side bag before she pulled out her jype trainee id card. it allowed her to skip lines in places such as clinics or lines in grocery stores so the trainees could have more time to practise. while many girls used the card to their advantage, jihye tried not to use it, because she believed that she wasn't anyone special, and that she should have had to wait in line like everyone else. 

but at that moment, it was an emergency. 

the lady gasped dramatically, causing a few of the other people there to glance at her. "you're a trainee, dear?" she asked curiously. when jihye nodded, she continued, "well, then, follow me, dear. i have a doctor waiting and she can look at your vocal cords." 

the lady stood up before beckoning the young trainee to follow her, leading her to an empty patient room. jihye heard the other patients who had been waiting in line grumbling, but she tried to pay no heed. this is an emergency, she had told herself firmly. 

"doctor wonyoung will be here shortly," the old staff lady smiled kindly at jihye. "best of luck as a trainee, dear." 

without another word, she walked out of the room, leaving jihye alone to ponder her life decisions in the deafening silence. 

a/n: guys, i know i said this was a skz fanfic, but i love wonyoung with all my heart <3 (that's why my pfp is her right now hehe)

a/n: guys, i know i said this was a skz fanfic, but i love wonyoung with all my heart <3 (that's why my pfp is her right now hehe). so... doctor wonyoung!! if she can be THE 4th gen idol at 19, she can be a doctor, too. 

qotd: what are you doing right? 
aotd: hiding my computer from my teacher ;)