♡: fifty two

no one ever made a difference by being like someone else.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

jihye sat between asuka and aashvi during dinner, with hana beside aashvi

jihye sat between asuka and aashvi during dinner, with hana beside aashvi. jihye had met hana before dinner started, and she knew immediately the two of them would click. hana was very carefree and happy, and her hair was long, unlike jihye's short bob cut. 

it would have been an understatement to say that the girl was happy with her roommates. but it would have been even more of an understatement to say that she was happy after hearing what jyp— the ceo of jype sitting across from her— said. 

"the four of you have proven yourselves to be exceptional," jyp said slowly after they all finished eating (and yes, the girls ate salads, since when they were going to order something else, mrs. noh had glared at them). "especially you, jihye," he added, a twinkle in his eye. 

jihye's smile was ear-to-ear as she thanked him. "kamsahamnida!" 

jyp continued, "and the rest of you, you haven't been training for long—i know you, asuka, have barely trained for a week— but i see potential in you all. you're a group of very talented individuals." 

the girls showered him with more thank you's before he kept speaking. "and while many people may not approve of this choice, i am willing to debut you four as a group by the end of this year." 

asuka gasped, and jihye pinched her thigh under the table. ignoring it, the older continued, "but we're all so young! the kpop community won't be happy about that..." 

"i know you guys are still minors, but as long as your parents and guardians are willing, and as long as you're willing, i believe it's a step we can take. obviously, there will be special restrictions for you guys, like how long you can train, or until when you can be on t.v. shows, since you're minors, but i think that's fine." 

jihye nodded in understanding. she knew asuka was right; the four of them were pretty young, with jihye being 14, aashvi and hana being 13, and asuka being 15, but if they could do it, they could do it. and judging by the looks on the other girls' faces, she knew they were thinking the same thing. 

"thank you so much for the opportunity, jyp-nim. what should we do from here?" jihye spoke up, addressing the awkward silence, since they were all too nervous to do so. 

jyp nodded slowly as he responded, "just do you best. show me that you four deserve to debut in a group. show me that you four can act like you deserve to debut in a group. and then, we'll see where things go from there." 

considering the small smile on his face, jihye knew that no matter what they did, jyp had a set outcome for the four of them in mind, and nothing could change that. nonetheless, she wanted to prove to him that they could do it. "of course, jyp-nim." 

"we'll try our best," aashvi chimed in. 

asuka added, "we will do everything we can to achieve our dreams." 

not knowing what else to add, hana cheered, "fighting!" 

jyp nodded in approval at their spirits as he raised his fist in the air, too. "fighting!" 

a/n: remember, it's 2015 right now, so if they debut, they'll be the youngest in the kpop industry (bts debuted in 2010 and their maknae, jungkook, was 15 at the time, so he'll be older than them, too)

a/n: remember, it's 2015 right now, so if they debut, they'll be the youngest in the kpop industry (bts debuted in 2010 and their maknae, jungkook, was 15 at the time, so he'll be older than them, too). i tried to highlight how a big part of debuting kids has to do with the kids and their parents/guardians because while i'm not promoting literal children debuting, i don't think it's fair for the company to get blamed for this (like the situation where netizens blamed jyp for kaylee being in the final lineup). 

also, this book now has as many chapters as how many years channie has been alive! oh, wait, my bad. i meant to say, twice (cheer up, baby!) as many years as he's been alive. say it with me: bang chan is so old! haha, just kidding (i like to summon my inner seungmin sometimes). 

qotd: at what time do you usually fall asleep?
aotd: after 11pm, usually... hey, it's really not my fault. it's just hard for me to fall asleep!