♡: fourty four

the hardest thing for me was to watch you watch someone else.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

jihye's eyes snapped up from her phone and her eyes widened in shock when she registered the boy in front of her

jihye's eyes snapped up from her phone and her eyes widened in shock when she registered the boy in front of her. he had fluffy black hair, sparkly black eyes, and a huge smile that was wearing an expression that seemed to mirror the girl's. 

"lix?" she asked quietly, not quite believing that it was him. ever since they stopped talking, the girl had asked minho to try to make sure they didn't interact, because she didn't want anything awkward to happen.

anything awkward like what was happening. 

felix nodded slowly, and he felt broken. he could barely think, even though his mind was going a mile a minute. half of him was screaming: it's jiji! go kiss her and confess to her and apologize!, while the other half was considering: maybe you should just go hide

but thankfully, he knew he could rely on his grandmother. she seemed to have realized that something was happening at the counter, so she made her way over when she registered jihye. recognition flickered in her eyes as she remembered that jihye was the girl whom felix loved dearly. 

an evil plan formed in the old woman's head, and she giggled to herself like a teenage girl before stepping into the conversation, slicing the thick air in half. "felix, dear, can you go check if we have more flour in the storage room?" she asked. 

felix nodded mutely, grateful for the escape from the awkward situation, even if it was taking every part of him to not break down and apologize in front of the girl. 

jihye, meanwhile, had stopped functioning all together. her breaths were shallow, her eyes were wide, and she could barely process seeing the boy. she knew she was overreacting, but her lovestruck mind couldn't process that thought. 

"jihye, darling?" felix's grandmother called, waving a hand in front of the girl's face. 

suddenly snapped back into reality, she nodded, unconsciously straightening her back and plastering a fake smile on her face. sometimes, all that trainee camera etiquette lessons came in handy. "yes, halmeoni?" she responded politely. 

"would you like to taste my new batch of cookies?" 

the fake smile grew into a real one as jihye let the inner child in her shine. "yes, please!" 

she followed the old woman to the back of the shop, her mind slightly happier at the familiarity of the place. "oh, gosh, my cookies are still in the oven," felix's grandmother gasped suddenly. "could you grab some paper plates from that pantry over there?" she asked, pointing towards a door that seemed to lead to a huge room. "they're on the top shelf." 

being the naive and helpful girl she was, jihye nodded and walked into the room, not noticing that the door hadn't been totally closed and was actually propped open a bit. but the second she got inside, the door was locked shut. 

she screamed for half a second before a hand was pressed against her mouth. "shut up, jiji," felix muttered in the dark. "i bet halmeoni did this." 

"i'm not letting you out until you two figure out what's going on," his grandmother exclaimed gleefully from outside before they could hear her walk away. 

felix removed his hand from jihye's mouth, and the two of them stood there in silence, both their hearts beating faster than usual at being so close to one another. 

after a good minute of standing there silently, jihye hugged him. "i'm sorry," she muttered, burying her face in the crook of his neck. "i should've talked to you, and i shouldn't have been so egoistic—"

"it's not your fault, jiji," felix murmured through her hair, holding her tightly. "i should've explained. i just got so jealous about seungmin and—"

"wait," jihye pulled out of the hug, giving him a puzzling look. "seungmin? what does he have to do with this?" 

confused, felix explained, "you like him, don't you? i was so jealous when i saw that you fell asleep with him that night..." 

and suddenly, everything clicked into place, and a huge smile grew on her face. felix must have thought that she had gone crazy when she threw her arms around his neck again, giggling, "we're both fucking dumbasses!" 

 felix must have thought that she had gone crazy when she threw her arms around his neck again, giggling, "we're both fucking dumbasses!" 

a/n: i feel like this chapter was a mess tbh. what do you think? 

qotd: what is something you're learning to do right now? 
aotd: i'm learning how to play a guitar! i learned the first verse of 'you belong with me' (taylor swift) yesterday ;)