♡: twenty five

i don't want the world, i just want you. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"annyeonhasaeyo, i'm jang wonyoung," a pretty lady in a doctor's coat greeted, walking into the room before closing the door behind her

"annyeonhasaeyo, i'm jang wonyoung," a pretty lady in a doctor's coat greeted, walking into the room before closing the door behind her. she looked barely twenty-five, and jihye wondered if it was even possible for someone to get their doctor's degree that quickly. 

in fact, jihye was also rethinking her opinion that she was straight, because this doctor was making her feel very bi (she's so pretty, what the hell?). 

jihye stood up from the chair and bowed deeply with a smile on her face as she responded, "annyeonghasaeyo, doctor jang." 

the doctor shook her head, laughing sweetly as she corrected, "please, call me wonyoung. in fact, call me 'unnie' if you want. i'm not that much older than you." 

jihye grinned, already feeling comfortable with the doctor. "thank you, unnie." 

wonyoung smiled before asking, "now, what seems to be the problem?" 

jihye pointed to her throat before elaborating. "i'm a trainee, and i have an evaluation tomorrow and i think i inflamed my vocal cords because i can barely talk, let alone sing—"

"jihye, take a deep breath for me, okay?" wonyoung interrupted calmly, her hand resting softly on jihye's shoulders as she peered into the younger's almost black eyes. jihye did as she asked, following wonyoung deep breathing exercises. the young girl hadn't even realized that she had been falling down the rabbit hole that would have eventually led to a panic attack. "i know it seems scary, but that's why i'm here. i can help your throat get better. it might not be at it's best tomorrow, but it will be at least 80% of it. okay?"

jihye took another deep breath before responding. "okay." 

with her other hand, wonyoung lightly touched jihye's throat area, frowning slightly when she realized how inflamed it had become. 

"now," wonyoung started, removing her hand from jihye's neck and shoulder and grabbing a notepad and a cute pink pen from her coat pocket. "i want you to drink lots of warm honey tea. make sure it's not too hot, because that could make it worse. only drink warm water, and don't drink any caffeine— and that includes coffee." when jihye nodded, she continued, "try to steam a little bit by just boiling water if you can, and wear a mask so the air you breath is moist. and lastly, try not to talk, but if you have to, talk properly; don't whisper." 

jihye opened her mouth to respond, but wonyoung shushed her. "don't speak, just nod or shake your head." the young trainee nodded her head in understanding. the doctor delicately ripped the slip of paper off the notepad before giving it to jihye, pressing it into the younger's hands. "i wrote my number in here, so if you ever need to, just send me a text or call me. i want to be able to help you." 

forgetting the 'don't-talk' rule, jihye argued, "what? i can't do that!" 

wonyoung pressed her slender finger against jihye's lips before firmly replying, "i won't take 'no' for an answer. you remind me of my younger when she was younger. i look up to her a lot, and i know many people look up to you. just treat me like an unnie, okay?"

jihye nodded mutely, and the doctor removed her finger from the girl's lips. "that's all i have for you, so you can head out if you like." 

the younger girl nodded once again, and stood up, the doctor following suit. "kamsahamnida," jihye mumbled quietly with a smile on her face, and the doctor patted her head affectionately. 

"anytime, jihye. rest well and best of luck on your evaluation! don't forget me when you debut and become a pro idol," wonyoung added playfully, and jihye giggled before bowing once again. "i won't hold you back now. annyeong!" 

after bowing to and waving the kind doctor farewell, jihye walked out of the clinic, praying that her throat would get better by the time of her evaluation. 

as she walked down the familiar street, the girl planned to go straight to her dorm and cancel her plans with felix. she wanted to practise her dance or maybe she could have binge-watched a kdrama, or—

"kwang? what are you doing here?" 

a/n: i love wonyoung i'm sorry (not sorry hehe) <3 also, i might not post a chapter tomorrow because i'm super busy (i have another speech tournament!), and if i can't, i'll post two chapters on saturday :)

qotd: what are you looking forward to? 
aotd: as i've mentioned, i have a speech tournament tomorrow in the evening! i'm, like, super nervous, because this is my first time competing in self-authored poetry. it had to be halloween-themed, so i'm really scared about it... if i win, i might share the poem with you guys ;)