♡: fifty one

with confidence, you have won before you have even started.

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

after jihye had taken her shower, the boys had helped her do her hair and makeup

after jihye had taken her shower, the boys had helped her do her hair and makeup. actually, scratch that. felix had helped her accessorize with basic jewellery and made her laugh while seungmin did her hair, because quote seungmin: "you're forced to learn this witchcraft when your noona watches, like, a thousand videos on how to do it." 

and after the boys bid her goodbye, jihye did a twirl for herself in her mirror. she had to admit, she looked really good. and it was obviously thanks to her friends. she was just about to leave the dorm when the door opened and a young girl walked in. she looked just as surprised as jihye felt when she saw the other girl. 

"oh, um, hi!" she greeted awkwardly before bowing. "i'm aashvi choi!" 

jihye studied her for a second before something in her brain clicked. "we've met before, haven't we? when you were going to your vocal lessons?" 

aashvi nodded. "yeah, we did! i didn't think you'd remember me among everyone you've probably met..." 

the short-haired girl laughed before shaking her head. "no, of course not! anyways, i'm kwang jihye, by the way. i'm a 00 liner!" 

aashvi replied quickly, "i know who you are, you're like a legend! i'm an 01 liner... i can call you unnie, right?" 

the other girl laughed, "please, i'm not that famous. and yes, you can call me unnie if you like." 

as the two made small talk, jihye studied the new girl. she had black shoulder-length hair that seemed to be naturally slightly curly and frizzy, but it looked cute on her, complimenting her almond skin tone. she was barefaced, but the way jihye saw it, she was already gorgeous with her dark siren eyes. 

"do you know who else we're rooming with?" aashvi asked curiously. "my best friend, hana, moved in earlier with me, and as we were leaving, i think another girl came, too, but i didn't get to talk to her." 

the older girl nodded in understanding. "ah, that must have been asuka unnie. she's a 99 liner, and we've been friends for some time now." 

the younger girl nodded. there was a pause before she said, "well, i'm glad to have met you. by the way, i love your outfit." 

jihye grinned at her. "thanks, my non-trainee friends helped me pick it out." 

"did they leave already?" the dark-skinned girl asked. when the older nodded, she continued, "that's a shame, i would've loved to meet them!"

"they would have loved to meet you, too."

there was another pause before aashvi shyly asked, "will you help me with my outfit? i've never met and spoken with jyp, and i'm super nervous, so—:

jihye nodded excitedly. "of course, i'd love to! i'm great with handling other people's outfits, just not my own," she laughed. "i'm assuming you've already set up your stuff in your room?"

the younger girl nodded before leading the older girl to her room. once they were both in there, she made jihye sit on her bed before pulling out two outfits. "so i was thinking either a skirt, or a pair of pants, like you," she said. "which do you think would look better?"

jihye considered it before saying, "i think you'd rock them both, to be honest." after bringing out a smile in the younger girl, she continued, "but i think you should go with the pants. it's just safer, you know? and maybe, like, a simple white t-shirt on top. you're young, so i don't think you need to go full-on formal." 

aashvi considered what her new friend said before pulling out a white t-shirt that said don't underestimate me on it. "what about this?" 

the older smiled. "it sends a good message. i like it." 

"alright, i'll change now." 

there was another silence before jihye caught onto the cue. "oh, you want me to leave, don't you—"

aashvi laughed, "yeah, i think that's a good idea." 

slightly embarrassed, jihye left the younger's room before making her way to the living room and sitting there comfortably. she liked her roommates so far. asu unnie was super nice, and she was sure that she and aashvi would get along great. now, as long as she and the last girl (hana; was that her name?) got along, everything would be fine. 

a few moments later, aashvi exited the room and stood nervously in front of the older girl. "what do you think?" she asked, doing a quick twirl. 

she was wearing black formal pants with the t-shirt tucked in. she had a dainty necklace on, as well as some pretty earrings, and her hair was tied up in a bun, with her curtain bangs framing her face. her small black handbag tied the outfit together, and jihye couldn't help but admit that she looked awesome.

"you look awesome," jihye bluntly told her. "like, you look so good, it's insane." 

aashvi gave her a big smile. "thanks," she replied. "do you wanna go down, then? hana said that she would meet me there, and i'm assuming our other roommate—"

"—is meeting us there, too," jihye finished. "let's go!" 

a/n: i'm so excited you guys finally met the rest of the girls omg (i love them so much)

a/n: i'm so excited you guys finally met the rest of the girls omg (i love them so much). also, kim seungmin being able to do jihye's hair 🤭

qotd: what do you think is going to happen in the book next?
aotd: i don't know ;)