♡: christmas special

24 to 25, babe, just stay with me. 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

winter of 2015

winter of 2015

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

felix had always been taught that it was petty to be jealous, but when his girlfriend was spending more time with his brother than him, he decided that he had the right to feel that way. he and jihye were best friends— hell, they were dating! so why did it feel like she was spending more time with minho hyung (and seungmin), than him? 

the boy turned over in his bed again, groaning when he couldn't get comfortable. it was almost midnight, a day before christmas, and he couldn't fall asleep. both sides of his pillow were warm, and his room felt too dark. 

he sighed and sat up, running a hand through his hair. he got out of bed and slowly opened the door to his room, making sure it didn't creak. but when he slowly tiptoed down the stairs, he was surprised (and not in a good way) when he heard his girlfriend's familiar voice from the cafe downstairs. 

what is she doing here so late at night?

"c'mon, are you sure he doesn't know yet?" jihye whispered in a hushed voice nervously. "it'll ruin everything if he does." 

minho hissed back sarcastically, "oh, i don't know. it's not like i've spent every moment since we started hiding it from him." 

jihye sighed. "asuka unnie doesn't know yet, either." 

the older male sighed in relief. "thank goodness. this is going to be so fun." 

felix's eyes widened at the last statement, and he felt tears at the corners of his eyes. was jihye cheating on him? and with minho?! his older brother who already had a girlfriend?! 

angry, the now-blond boy stomped down the stairs, not caring if he didn't look threatening in his dinosaur pyjamas. "what the fuck is happening here?" he asked loudly (but not too loudly, since he didn't want to wake up his grandmother). 

minho and jihye looked at him in surprise. "what are you doing here?" jihye asked nervously, playing with her necklace. 

"no, what are you doing here?" felix retorted. "it's after midnight!" 

"i—"

"just tell him," minho sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose like an old man. 

jihye avoided eye contact with felix as she muttered, "i've been planning a christmas surprise for you." 

felix was taken aback, but he wasn't quitting just yet. "and? how does that explain why you're here, talking to minho, when it's almost midnight?" 

"because he was helping me, lix!" jihye replied, her voice louder than before. she knew how it must have looked to felix, but the fact that he wasn't trusting her (or his brother) was getting on her nerve. "he was helping me get everything together, and i was helping him with asuka unnie's!" 

there was an awkward pause where nothing could be heard except an occasional creaking floorboard. "i'm, um, going to go," minho muttered, leaving the situation as soon as he could. he knew that jihye was going to get mad at him for it later, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to be a part of the potential fight that his younger brother and sister-like-figure would have. 

jihye swallowed back a sob, feeling terrible about how her plan had turned out. she blinked her eyes quickly, hoping that her tears would disappear, but a traitorous one leaked onto her cheek and felix saw it. 

he quickly walked closer to her and engulfed her in a hug, transferring his dino-pyjamas-warmth to her. "i'm sorry, jiji," he whispered to her as he felt her arms wrap around him. "i shouldn't have assumed." 

"no, i'm sorry," jihye said. "i shouldn't have made it so suspicious." 

"no, i'm sorry." 

"no, i'm sorry!" the two of them broke out of the hug and made eye contact, giggling when they did. "i'm sorry, though," jihye repeated. "i just needed some help getting everything together, and minho oppa was the first person i thought of, since seungmin said he was busy." 

felix nodded in acceptance. "so..." he paused mischievously. "can i see my surprise now?" 

"lix!" jihye exclaimed. "it's a surprise for a reason!" 

the blond boy shrugged. "yeah, but i already know about it. so you might as well tell me." 

the soon-to-be idol smiled and shrugged. "fine, i guess. you're going to need to come outside, though." 

felix quirked an eyebrow at her. "where?"

"your backyard." 

"we have a backyard?" he asked incredulously. "i didn't even know that!" 

jihye pursed a smile. "yes, you do. now come!" 

grabbing her boyfriend's wrist, the girl dragged her best friend-turned-boyfriend out the door of the cafe and towards the back, where she had set up fairy lights around a picnic blanket. "it's a bit of a mess right now, i'm sorry," jihye rushed to add when she saw felix's wide eyes. "i was originally going to bring some food for us to have a picnic here, and i was going to set up a little projector so we could watch a movie, but—"

felix kissed her. no one had ever put in that much effort for him. ever

although she was surprised, jihye kissed him back softly. 

"thank you, sunshine," felix whispered when the broke out of the kiss, his forehead resting on hers. "thank you so much." 

"don't thank me," she told him sincerely. 

the boy shook his head, trying to find words to express his gratefulness. "this is incre—"

"it's snowing!" jihye exclaimed, breaking away from felix as she looked towards the sky with glee. "it's beautiful!" 

and while jihye was looking at the sky, admiring the tiny crystals that were falling, felix was looking at her when he replied, "yeah. it really it." 

jihye laughed in happiness. there wasn't too much snow, but there was still enough for her to be happy. "it's the first snow of the season, and i'm spending it with you!" she told felix happily, the biggest smile on her face.

a loud bell rang (one that felix didn't even know existed), and he knew that it was because midnight had finally arrived. 

"merry christmas, jiji," felix told her, pecking her lips quickly. 

jihye giggled. "merry christmas, lix," she returned before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him passionately. 

indeed, it was a merry christmas.