♡: fifty five

who knows where the line between friends and lovers blurs? 

─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ───

"um, excuse me?" a teen girl asked jihye as she was walking through the aisles in a shop

"um, excuse me?" a teen girl asked jihye as she was walking through the aisles in a shop. when the trainee turned to her, she asked, "by any chance, are you kwang jihye?" 

the short-haired girl nodded. "yeah, i am!" she replied brightly. "how do you know me?" 

"i'm a huge fan," the girl rushed, her eyes now wide and her cheeks bright red. "can i— could i take a picture with you? i won't post it on social media or anything if you don't want, it's just you're a huge role model for me and i find you so inspiring and—"

jihye interrupted her with a laugh. "thank you so much," she said earnestly. her heart swelled with pride as she realized that she had made a difference in that girl's life. "and yes, of course, i can take a picture with you!" 

the girl shyly asked, "could we take two? one on my polaroid, and one on my phone? you can always say no, of course," she rushed to add. "but i know you're going to be super famous, and when you are, i kinda wanna be proud that i met you before." 

jihye nodded happily. "sure," she agreed. "and you can post the picture and tag me on instagram, too. just do it in a couple hours, so i'll be gone by then." 

the girl squealed in excitement before the two of them posed together for pictures. they took two polaroid pictures, one for jihye and one for the girl, who's name was yuna. "can you sign this for me, jihye?" yuna asked. "can i call you that?" 

the trainee nodded. "of course you can. and can you sign this for me?" 

yuna looked confused. "why? i'm, like... no one." 

jihye looked her in the eye before telling her, "in another universe, we could be classmates. but in this one, you're my first fan, and i won't forget you." yuna's smile was unmatchable, and the other girl could have sworn that the sun came out. "can i hug you?" 

yuna nodded, and the two girls embraced before pulling away. they signed each other's polaroids before smiling at each other, probably for the last time. "i'll get going now, yuna," jihye told her after one last hug. "remember to never give up, okay? i'm always cheering for you." 

yuna mirrored her fighting! fist before saying, "you, too, jihye. i'm always gonna be your fan, and don't give up! i've heard being a trainee is hard, but i know you can do it. i'm looking forward to your debut. fighting!" 

"fighting!" jihye cheered before waving at her, and the two walked away from each other, even though they both didn't want to. the trainee knew that she shouldn't socialize too much with fans, but still, she turned around one last time. "hey, yuna?" the girl spun around, her eyes wide as she realized her idol was calling to her. jihye continued, "you can always message me. i don't reply, but i do read everything that people send to me. i'm always happy to lend a shoulder to lean on, yeah?" 

yuna nodded with a big smile, her eyes slightly misty. "yeah. thank you, jihye." 

"no, thank you."

there was another pause before yuna bid the girl goodbye, knowing that they couldn't stand there forever. "bye bye, jihye!" she said with a wave, and when the wave was returned with a smile, she walked away happily. 

she had met someone she looked up to a lot. it would have been a major understatement to say that she was the happiest girl alive. no, she was the happiest person alive, regardless of gender. 

and so was jihye. 

they both were happy in their own way, grateful that they had crossed paths. 

i suppose, dear reader, that's what some call destiny. 

a/n: writing this chapter was so fun for me

a/n: writing this chapter was so fun for me. i'm so proud of jihye for becoming so popular. 

qotd: what's your favourite non-wattpad book?
aotd: i can't pick, but the harry potter series has a special place in my heart <3